• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stupid Cricket Rules

Burner

International Regular
Now that we are all outraging over the deflection not being called a deadball and the tie breaker being boundaries scored, it'll be a good opportunity to talk about some more silly cricket rules that need amendment.

Like for the fact that when an umpire raises his finger for an LBW and the batsman runs a single, then reviews and it turns out that there was a inside edge, the batsman does not get the single. I think in a 1 off one or 2 off one needed scenario if this happens, it'll be way more uglier.

Burner

International Regular
I also think that in the case of a tied super over they should play another super over with the caveats that the batsman that played the first super over cannot bat again and likewise for the bowler. Will be a lot more fun.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I also think that in the case of a tied super over they should play another super over with the caveats that the batsman that played the first super over cannot bat again and likewise for the bowler. Will be a lot more fun.
Holy ****, thats actually genius.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like for the fact that when an umpire raises his finger for an LBW and the batsman runs a single, then reviews and it turns out that there was a inside edge, the batsman does not get the single. I think in a 1 off one or 2 off one needed scenario if this happens, it'll be way more uglier.
I want to see this happen now, would be an absolute farce

trundler

Yeah, more attention should be drawn to that dead ball if lbw given rule since you absolutely don't want that wrecking a final either.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hate in Tests always hated when its 5 wides but only 4 byes. Especially when the comms say the keeper was unlucky to have those given as byes.

TheJediBrah

I hate in Tests always hated when its 5 wides but only 4 byes. Especially when the comms say the keeper was unlucky to have those given as byes.
why? it makes sense to me. Whether it's a wide or not depends on where it passes the batsman, whether the keeper can reach it depends on where it passes the keeper. They're not always directly related. You can have a ball that's not a wide be impossible for the keeper to stop.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
why? it makes sense to me. Whether it's a wide or not depends on where it passes the batsman, whether the keeper can reach it depends on where it passes the keeper. They're not always directly related. You can have a ball that's not a wide be impossible for the keeper to stop.
Sometimes it feels like a lottery whether theyll go wides or byes and the fact that wides already gives away an extra ball makes it a pretty big difference between 5 wides and 4 byes.

TheJediBrah

Sometimes it feels like a lottery whether theyll go wides or byes and the fact that wides already gives away an extra ball makes it a pretty big difference between 5 wides and 4 byes.
Sure but isn't that the point of having wides as a rule, to penalise the bowler/fielding team? And whether or not it's a lottery, well, that's just depending on the umpire doing their job well. You could say the same about lbws, front foot no-balls etc.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Batsmen being given not out if playing a shot when it hits them outside the line of off stump, even if it was going to take out middle.

TheJediBrah

Pitching outside leg needs to stay. Can you imagine without it bowlers would just hammer around the wicket into batsmen's legs until they missed one, which they will. It would be poor cricket.

Burgey

Ball should have to physically hit/ cross the rope to be four or six. Would save so much time checking to see if a bloke's little toe has touched the line while they're in contact with the ball after they've put in a huge sprint and dive to make ground to save runs.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Not a rule but those bails need to be lighter

Other silly rules - batsman making their ground already only for the bat to pop up afterwards and get run out, not sure if they changed it, in baseball first base if you made it you made it.

- umpires call for lbw, if it's hitting, it's hitting, there is no umpires call in tennis or soccer line calls

and totally agree with the deadball rule when ball hits the batsmen, and ongoing shoot out super over until a result with different players ie football

Could Neesh had bowled and bat in the same Superover?

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Oh and not a complaint but weird how you could take a slip catch and run to the boundary and be a 6? Or has it gotta be the same motion like a lay up foul?

It's like rugby if you catch the ball standing on the line then the kick is out on the full, but if you catch it then run into touch it's line out from where you ran into touch, thoght when Boult caught it and took 2 steps it'd be a four but the rule made it a six.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh and not a complaint but weird how you could take a slip catch and run to the boundary and be a 6? Or has it gotta be the same motion like a lay up foul?

It's like rugby if you catch the ball standing on the line then the kick is out on the full, but if you catch it then run into touch it's line out from where you ran into touch, thoght when Boult caught it and took 2 steps it'd be a four but the rule made it a six.
If you catch the ball on the full it's out. You can't run to the boundary with it.

If you field the ball along the ground then run to the boundary with it, it's the same as 4 overthrows