• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
It was close… I even put him on the market once and immediately cancelled. Cooler heads prevailed and he and management talked it out and came to an arrangement.
I'm sure now after the chat Burger will ketchup with the rest of the bowling squad and management aspirations

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sure now after the chat Burger will ketchup with the rest of the bowling squad and management aspirations
He needs to more than catchup.. he needs to lead! He is one of my most talented bowlers and experienced players. Been groomed with this squad from day... anything less is not acceptable!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I know this is a 'wish' at the moment, and probably something we all want... but for squad continuity I am desperate to either scout or buy a 46+ bat for the TMOs. Levy and Davidson will be 25 in 4 seasons time and I need to make sure I have a succession plan. A 16 year old bat obtained now will be 20 and starting to head towards his peak if handled correctly in 4 seasons. To an extent I have the bowlers handled. But batsmen are so very very difficult...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Thank you.... Young with a brilliant innings and deserving of the ton, making the TMOs afternoon far more anxiety inducing than either they or I wanted it to be!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I won't go into the individual matches (there seems to have been some notable ones) but events transpired to put the table into 4 elements (for now at least - but it can change each week by 5 points in the blink of an eye!)

Teams from 10 - 14 are playing for the minor places now (Points 1 to 12)
Teams 7-9 were squeezed tighter together with wins for GG and Moo and a defeat for *****, meaning...... (Points 25 to 27)

a little gap developed between them and 3-6 with ataraXIa taking a very tight win against Free HK - but still remains just 6 points

3-6 all very close (Points 33 to 37) ...

At the top still TMO 44 points (who look very secure having come off the back of a three match trot beating other top half teams) and Free HK 42 (who's defeat just opened a tiny crack in the door back to the chasing pack in terms of an automatic place)

OK i said I wouldn't mention any matches but Charminster got their 1st point of the tournament !! Check out the match and the XPV against Jura - as the commentating cliche goes 'I didn't see that coming'!!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Great match between FHK and AXI.

The bonus point once again keeps us alive. Only 2 points off TMO from the top despite two defeats lol.

Also the Shah Boss is up on the TM if anyone is keen. Will probably play this week's T20 and SOD before he leaves.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
3 games still to go, 3 more tough games… but getting a 10/10 so far in the CW league has made me very very happy. Some really good teams in CWC.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
As a suggestion what about Elizabeth from Witches Abroad - she is from her posts on the site an 'elder lady' who always seems terribly polite, interested and friendly and has just got back onto Stumped - she may relish the chance of a bit more Stumped via the CWC and being part of a group (or not!) but maybe she would be a candidate?

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
39 weeks without a scout that TMOs wanted.... 1 half decent player sold, 5 sales in total... 3 of those still playing. 22 straight weeks of retirements. I hope this is all saving up for me to pull a 50+ SA batsmen...