• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Jura into L32 - Geese to be attacked by the Penguins (WR 8 and arguably the greatest young team ever [they or CWC's own AtaraXIa] later today !!!:laugh:

Should be a birdbath!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC enroute to being knocked out of the Cup

That mean's a couple of senior players might find themselves up on the TM soon

cnerd123

likes this
Right, time for heads to roll

I think we might press on with 10 Senior players and 1 Dev in every game. Release the Shah-boss and rotate that one slot between Shafi Ibrahim (21, Bat), Rockall (19, RFM) and Naeem (19, RFS) based on conditions. Next season Shafi will be 22 and we'll retain 11 players until the Cup elimination. Some tough questions then on who to let go.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Very happy management and TMOs team. Davidson coming back into form at the right time. Always had a chance playing at home where the finger spinners are considerably nullified. Into Round 5 of the cup.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Teams that have expressed an interest in standalone knockout DEV tournament played on neutral grounds

Winton CC
Charminster CC
Z*rax CC
Free HK
The Wild Geese
Jura CC
Had been meaning to bring this up earlier than now - will give this until Friday/Saturday then set up a competition

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I would rather it run later personally - the Geese have just been attacked by the Penguins and knocked out of the cup but Jura are still in and I also signed into the Chaos Cup and another one (which is too much) - but realise i am just one voice....

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Both my teams in for that thanks. Don't mind when it's run.
Ha ha I liked your sarcasm in the Chaos Cup - the greatest chaos is surely the mess regarding counting a space next to a hobby as a hobby!! what a farce - and the explanation from the guy who chances his arm subsequently was ridiculous 'yes shared points is fair as it was how we both saw the rule at the time' On that basis any lunatic can do what they like and justify it on the basis that that is how they saw it ...there again Johnson, Trump , Putin - I mean he has probably just been watching too much TV news!

When i look at the twists and turns to make this fable make sense - i keep thinking of the Emperors new clothes by Hans Christian Anderson! Odin's attempts to create harmony by giving the guy what he wants has failed to understand that just because the others have remained silent - that is not harmony- harmony for one at the expense of disharmony amongst the just about silent majority! Didn't Spock say - the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one - we seem to have warp sped into an inverse Spockian quote universe! Look forward to seeing how this one runs, Odin will be sweating that the bloke don't go on and win it by half a point - lol

Im sure no one cares a planktons fart if they win or lose but ... the principle dear chaps, the principle, that's a different kettle of fish!! :laugh:

It got even worse with Odin now slicing out quarter points - the great bard himself comes to mind... 'what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive!'

Instead of wringing his hands just admit he made an error - clearly a blank space is not a hobby and job done - not sure anyone - even the chancer saw anything but a joke in his supporting theory - that's what I genuinely though it was until the thread began to unfold!

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Winton CC
Charminster CC
Z*rax CC
Free HK
The Wild Geese
Jura CC
ataraXIa
AtaraX Wellington
Mooo
GG CC
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates

With further thought I'll probably run it immediately at the end of CWC7 so a bit more time before I set it up. If we get to 14 teams I'll probably run it with 16 teams with 2 bots or managers outside CWC. If we stay at 12 - I'll probably remove 4 affiliates.

Let me know if you would prefer your affiliate to be prioritised over your main team. I'll assume otherwise that everyone prioritises their main team

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Winton CC
Charminster CC
Z*rax CC
Free HK
The Wild Geese
Jura CC
ataraXIa
AtaraX Wellington
Mooo
GG CC
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates

With further thought I'll probably run it immediately at the end of CWC7 so a bit more time before I set it up. If we get to 14 teams I'll probably run it with 16 teams with 2 bots or managers outside CWC. If we stay at 12 - I'll probably remove 4 affiliates.

Let me know if you would prefer your affiliate to be prioritised over your main team. I'll assume otherwise that everyone prioritises their main team
I`m happy to be included. I have no real preference for priority for TMOs or TNT but TNT will probably be more competitive... maybe, kinda!

ataraxia

International Coach
Drawn the Kashmir Warriors in the Cup 5th round of 32... at @ataraxia any advice?
My impression is that their orders are ****, so you're slight favourites IMO. Expect a high rating and an amazing top-order. I guess that's all the proper, solid advice I can give. I've played them in 3 SODs, won all three chasing (two by only 2 wickets but with ~10K deficits).

So unless you've drawn them at your home mamba, do what you think I would do, I guess?

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Winton CC
Charminster CC
Z*rax CC
Free HK
The Wild Geese
Jura CC
ataraXIa
AtaraX Wellington
Mooo
GG CC
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates

Thank you can i have Geese first please then Jura (but hopefully it will be both)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
My impression is that their orders are ****, so you're slight favourites IMO. Expect a high rating and an amazing top-order. I guess that's all the proper, solid advice I can give. I've played them in 3 SODs, won all three chasing (two by only 2 wickets but with ~10K deficits).

So unless you've drawn them at your home mamba, do what you think I would do, I guess?
Playing at their house, definite bowl first... and Merry Arboreal ground is not a mamba, lots of high score there ! :-)