• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
You have a squad of 18 and 12 of them are under 22 so do you not have 9 players who have the opportunity to net with at least 2 stars for something- - ideally u have 9 players always who need a lot of netting and as 2 or 3 drop off from the top each season as they near or reach 22 they are replaced at the bottom by 16 year olds so maximising the stars you can coach on 9 nets. However I would rather even use up a net on a 21 year old who is going to be part of the future than on a 17 year old i am going to sell - because the objective is to create the best team possible as i see it - not use your coaching spaces as a money farm which a player with no future is (if he even makes money) but i totally get that sometimes YP, revenues, TM opportunities do not provide that smooth conveyor belt - i see Toddii is a late bloomer - if he is not netting maybe you are missign a chance to get 1 more out of his SS ? (difficult to know without seeing the coaching stars)
Dont take an aside as why I did this. It’s not about the money. Playing on the market is some of the fun for me and overall it’s done me well.

I’m always playing and coaching my best players towards the future squad. But I’m willing to adjust and try new things in getting there, because it the only way to learn and it’s not always obvious between similar players which actually maximises the squad overall. Also, my squad is only getting to the start of something that is truly competitive. Mostly I’ve been building towards this squad for a little while, and found myself consistently improving the overall squad as my cash increased and opportunity came about. So like most of us there is normally about 3 places in my coaching that are flexible because I’ve never had more than 6 players that where guaranteed for the senior squad. Unless you have 9 players that are 48+ potentials and under 22 of age there is no absolute in the coaching.

ataraxia

International Coach
Oh wow, what a bloody player. 20 ODIs for Bangladesh nearly a cert.

Needs much IGT and training though - how are your coaches looking?

ataraxia

International Coach
That's fine probs. Sajid needs more IGT than just Dev cricket -- but with your #batdeep, having him get out for 1 (4) on 9 aggression opening shouldn't be massively harmful.

After L13 cost increases muchly. Being in Asia / being homegrown I don't really worry about finances so currently have L16 batting coaches. They cost circa $18K each.

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC used to have L20 coaches in the glory days of SA Div 1

I should upskill the FHK coaches soon, can definitely afford it. ZCC will have to make do with L10 coaches for the foreseeable future.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Cookson doesn't get a bite for 1k then I'll just fire him. Will promote Megana to keeping in the Seniors and chuck Sajid the gloves right away in DEV.

L20 coaches :O

cnerd123

likes this
was thinking about it, but he's had plenty of farewell games this season. His last innings was 51 in a Div 1.1 SOD match, batting at 3 and coming out to bat in the 2nd over on a green top and ensuring we pull off a successful chase. Doesn't get much better than that.

Also his last time bowling in a game was nabbing 2/12 in 5 overs of dross vs TMO #BQDoesNotMatter :ph34r:

Hope he has a nice cushy career as a coach/groundsman.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
If Cookson doesn't get a bite for 1k then I'll just fire him. Will promote Megana to keeping in the Seniors and chuck Sajid the gloves right away in DEV.

L20 coaches :O
Cookson does not deserve to be fired for nothing - Geese bought for them a very expensive waged keeper recently so I dont have a space there , although at 5k a week cheaper Cookie is tempting ..and in Jura I have a guy who is a few weeks from joining the senior side - which will leave me in the same position as you are now BUT- he surely is going to get a bite with all the nice primaries and secondaries he has - did u put him up 'For Sale'? try that for a week maybe?

ataraxia

International Coach
The main playing GG in the first of three consecutive T20 friendlies. 162-9 a good total bolstered by some lower-order hitting. Our position is further complicated by Benjamin Butler, getting a rare senior game, dutifully running out the guy who until then for the club averaged 285 and struck at 186!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Our position is further complicated by Benjamin Butler, getting a rare senior game, dutifully running out the guy who for the club averaged 285 and struck at 186!
I'm presuming that rarity of senior games won't be changing anytime soon