• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't forget CWC legend z.o.r.a.x. for the manager elections on stumped - he is currently unopposed but nice to have him romp home in the elections with a score as good as any despotic 3rd world dictator :) . He's got my 3 votes -let's help him get the most votes of any elected manager (he is too modest to make his own call out!)

cnerd123

likes this
Not quite sure I deserve to be Nat manager - both FHK and ZCC have massively underperformed in the T20 format. Not sure if the squads I have are just badly built for the format (highish ratings flattering to deceive) or if I'm just using them poorly.

ZCC probably going to wind up in Div 3 at this rate. Massive clean out on the cards.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Scouting continues to be abysmal at TNT and TMOs...

But its amazing how different the TNT squad has turned out from the TMOs without any real effort on my part... TNT heading down to 12 players...

TNT just sold a player I bought in May for $115K+, bought him for $2K and last week when I tried to sell him got no bites... just shows how erratic that market actually is... TNT has some decent monies in the bank. Enough hopefully for one really good bat...

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
is it possible to join the Hedley Verity Cup or is that going to mess with our CWC commitments here? I'm thinking if HV takes up a lot of our friendly slots it will mash up our ability to turn over tournaments here ? Thoughts from the admin kings here? JJ? Z ?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
is it possible to join the Hedley Verity Cup or is that going to mess with our CWC commitments here? I'm thinking if HV takes up a lot of our friendly slots it will mash up our ability to turn over tournaments here ? Thoughts from the admin kings here? JJ? Z ?
I hope not because I’ve already entered…

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I presume you could play unlimited number of friendlies theoretically, is this not the case?

On the presumption it is it'd just mean you have more orders to set by being in Hedley Verity Cup but shouldn't effect anything else. Until the semi-finals and finals fixture arrangement will all be done by Stumped and for knockouts would just be the same as having more than one friendly in the same day which I'm 99.9% sure I've had in the past.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Winton CC announce 4 match DEV Series v The Net Theorists, Free HK

Winton CC have announced a 4 match DEV Series v The Net Theorists and Free HK

Both series will see Winton CC and their opponents host 2 of the 4 matches each with the series vs The Net Theorists commencing at The Nets tomorrow 18:00 game time. There will then be a double header over the weekend with matches on the 15th and 16th before the series concludes in Winton on the 18th October.

Meanwhile, Winton's series vs Free HK starts later on the evening of the 18th October. The 2nd match of the series is at Winton on the 20th before concluding with a double header on the 22nd and 23rd October

Winton CC manager JOJOXI has expressed his delight that his players will get at least 8 additional opportunities to play DEV cricket in October. "We are delighted to announce these additional fixtures and they should provide good opportunities to some of the more established DEV players as they enter their final months at the club as well as allowing us to get more familiar with some of our younger DEV players.

The Winton manager also added that they would be looking to arrange further DEV series in the near future.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I presume you could play unlimited number of friendlies theoretically, is this not the case?

On the presumption it is it'd just mean you have more orders to set by being in Hedley Verity Cup but shouldn't effect anything else. Until the semi-finals and finals fixture arrangement will all be done by Stumped and for knockouts would just be the same as having more than one friendly in the same day which I'm 99.9% sure I've had in the past.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ill join then = i see u can click the button leave competition so if it is not ok I will do that

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG CC are currently ranked 76th in the world.
I'll take that.

They have a group of decent players. The Human brothers, Ijaz & Xenos pace duo, the old guards of d Souza, Tindall, and Penn.

Youngsters, Oxley, Mandhatri, and Ismail.

The charismatic, Ernst Levy (low on skills, but almost maxed out).

Let's not forget the talisman, Peter Sutherland

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
SCC's post made me look at Jura - they are 70th. The concerning fact is that they are struggling in Div 2 in SOD and T20. But that is not bad luck- if i look at the XPV graphs for their leagues we are roughly where we should be - 5 -10k off the promotion chasers.

We are a DIV 1 DEV team which also fits - our best team is near enough mostly still 21 and under.

I am going to have to change things if we are going to get much better because those 21/20- and 19-year-olds will become 22 and replace players in my senior squad but not improve on them - we will then find ourselves in a never-ending hamster wheel of ranking 50-100 in mid table Div 2 obscurity!

I can see only 2 ways out of that - and they both need $!!!

The initial youth must have a much higher potential, or I need to purchase in players with much higher actuals.... both need money to start and increased wages....

I guess i am no longer a newbie and am now finding myself with the challenges of a maturing/ matured team! what a head scratcher!! ?

If anyone has any tips and solutions ........:laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
God if I knew. Rolled a next-gen ZCC team vs Winton CC and got thumped in a T20 despite a 5-6k ratings edge overall.

Common trend seems to be my openers starting very slowly. Plans in place to address that in the second half of the season. Currently trying to figure out how many senior-team heads will roll if we do get relegated in the T20, as I'd like to focus on a smaller squad and Dev-heavy senior team (at least 3 Dev kids in every XI) due to potential income losses.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Ignoring and not looking after the TNT squad 'diligently' has been a definite eye opener for me... but have had some extreme luck with my best 6 prospects all coming through scouting, have hardly had to buy anything after I bought a few at the beginning. Have also kept things pretty tight numbers wise; am now keeping them even tighter. Also being in the Asia league has meant getting into div 2 easier and thus just helps accumulate monies. Have enough monies now that I can potentially buy a really good top 6 bat when one becomes available.

TMOs are a bit more of a mess... couple of players heads are on the chopping block and need to get my coaching staff sorted. I`m delaying at the moment because of the CWC dev comp and also the uncertainty of if I will manage to stay in div 2 with the OD and/or T20. Else monies wise things will get really tough again next season.