• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
View attachment 33119

Oh dear, the losing streak has claimed its first victim :(
Wow that is really bad luck to lose a player to injury with 75% condition - any player who plays a big innings or is an A/R can go from 100 to 75 in a single match - and 21 days as well- harsh - plus the irritating 'joke' injury

Our win against Winton has really taken it out of some of my guys (certainly won;t be performing in the T20 - but then again no one in The Geese ever 'performs' in the T20 - we are 8th with 1 bonus point to our name!

cnerd123

likes this
Tong Ying-kit's superb 77* off 85 balls drags FHK to a barely respectable 178 a/o vs Dynamo Schmaltzberg in a must-win Pool C game between the two teams. With 1 win each from the first round so far, a defeat here will effectively eliminate the losing side from the running for CWC6! ZCC are a lost cause, so realistically my entire CWC6 hinges on the outcome of this game!

The first ball of the chase being sent to the fence for 4 does not bode well for us.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Also

@Charlie B
@Magrat Garlick
@Jarquis

Fixtures have generated for Group D - as its only a single round robin will need to do friendly requests for the other half. The dates I've proposed here are for the 2nd half and are based on having a Saturday/Sunday double-header to ensure other groups are not waiting too much for completion of this group.

08 October - Dynamo Morpork v Ashgrove Astronauts, Winton CC v Jura CC
09 October - Dynamo Morpork v Jura CC, Ashgrove Astronauts v Winton CC
11 October - Jura CC v Ashgrove Astronauts, Dynamo Morpork v Winton CC

Pay particular attention to setting game as a DEV Friendly and home/away side. I'm sending friendly requests for the matches involving my team right after this message is sent.
Update my games v Jura CC and Ashgrove Astronauts and Jura CC v Ashgrove Astronauts have been scheduled.

Still waiting for

08 October - Dynamo Morpork v Ashgrove Astronauts

09 October - Dynamo Morpork v Jura CC

11 October - Dynamo Morpork v Winton CC

@Magrat Garlick @Charlie B @Jarquis

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi JOJO... Feedback as requested - Jura has accepted the game on 8 October from Winton. We have issued an invitation for the 11th to the Astronauts

Logged into an interesting tussle against Winton - incredibly slow start in my innings chasing 194 but now the runs are coming and we are slowly hauling in that RR if these two can stay in from another 5-10 overs - I am my own worst enemy - posted - went back and he's out! - no more posts on this game from me until its done!!!
Update - Astronauts have accepted my invite for the 11th so that is now set up. I have accepted D Morporks invite for the 9th so that is now set up

JOJOXI

Wow Winton CC and Ashgrove Astronauts tie after a battle of who could collapse better after being well set
Ashgrove Astronauts batting first 155/2 after 32 overs, 177/3 after 34.5 overs. End up making 199/9.

Chasing 200 Winton CC 150/2 after 29 over. 50 needed off 11 overs with 8 wickets in hand and we struggle to a tie, run out trying to get the winning 2nd run

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Ashgrove Astronauts batting first 155/2 after 32 overs, 177/3 after 34.5 overs. End up making 199/9.

Chasing 200 Winton CC 150/2 after 29 over. 50 needed off 11 overs with 8 wickets in hand and we struggle to a tie, run out trying to get the winning 2nd run
I saw a bit of your match - great to watch as a neutral (but with some vested interests!) I thought your 8 and 9 would see you home - well done to both teams !

JOJOXI

I saw a bit of your match - great to watch as a neutral (but with some vested interests!) I thought your 8 and 9 would see you home - well done to both teams !
Once we got to single digits I hoped so too although once we lost our 9th wicket was fearful - although 3 leg byes from a slog from number 11 got my hopes up again before eventually it being a tie.

Had Astronauts not collapsed the game could have been over at innings break on a pitch that often helps the bowlers.

But frustrating being so close, especially as we played out their star seamer for 8-0-32-0, started slow but kept wickets in hand, opened up a bit later and got to a stage of being on top before Schmidt wrestled the game back as I'm yelling at my phone there's no need to play attacking shots with the RRR what it was!

I've got some vested interests now in hoping you retain your good start in next game v Astronauts.

JOJOXI

Hi Jo Jo will you kindly be providing us with a manual table of Group D as the results come in as they are not playing through the official site?

Many thanks
I will do. Will post scores in here just so someone else can make sure I've got any tight bonus points correct. Should have Saturday and Sunday game tables sorted pretty quickly, might be slower for the Tuesday matches