• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Can’t log in again! I noticed while I was ‘watching’ that the commentary was giving problems. And everything was just getting slower!

TMOs lost today though, managed to see that. Not very happy with the loss because of the way it happened. Good attempt by Levy and Mthombeni at a recovery but never enough runs.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Can’t log in again! I noticed while I was ‘watching’ that the commentary was giving problems. And everything was just getting slower!

TMOs lost today though, managed to see that. Not very happy with the loss because of the way it happened. Good attempt by Levy and Mthombeni at a recovery but never enough runs.
Had the same issues re commentary showing a blank screen a bit earlier

JOJOXI

Also

@Charlie B
@Magrat Garlick
@Jarquis

Fixtures have generated for Group D - as its only a single round robin will need to do friendly requests for the other half. The dates I've proposed here are for the 2nd half and are based on having a Saturday/Sunday double-header to ensure other groups are not waiting too much for completion of this group.

08 October - Dynamo Morpork v Ashgrove Astronauts, Winton CC v Jura CC
09 October - Dynamo Morpork v Jura CC, Ashgrove Astronauts v Winton CC
11 October - Jura CC v Ashgrove Astronauts, Dynamo Morpork v Winton CC

Pay particular attention to setting game as a DEV Friendly and home/away side. I'm sending friendly requests for the matches involving my team right after this message is sent.
@Charlie B
@Magrat Garlick
@Jarquis

Could I also ask that you inform me of when these friendlies are arranged please so I can make a note and issue reminders where possible - its only a week until the first of these fixtures that need to be arranged.

JOJOXI

Heading to bed in a bit so may reply in the day but just wondering what the CW community thinks these players could fetch in the transfer market - I'm planning an overhaul post CWC6 which should fit in well with end of season - we've brought in some young, unfulfillled talents at Winton especially. There are some established players I'm pretty sure I'll be selling - but the following 3 ranked from most likely to sell to least likely to sell are players I think I'd keep around if it was unlikely I'd get good money for them - I spent over 300k on Jacob West especially so would prefer to hold onto him if he's 21 rather than take a big loss on him.

Rob Rowbottom - https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=237659
Jacob West - https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=236588
Paul Hailstone - https://www.stumpedgame.com/player.php?Player=244163

ataraxia

International Coach
Before this CWC I thought AXI's Dev middle order was a strength. Now we're again collapsing after a solid top 4 effort against Schmaltzberg.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Also

@Charlie B
@Magrat Garlick
@Jarquis

Fixtures have generated for Group D - as its only a single round robin will need to do friendly requests for the other half. The dates I've proposed here are for the 2nd half and are based on having a Saturday/Sunday double-header to ensure other groups are not waiting too much for completion of this group.

08 October - Dynamo Morpork v Ashgrove Astronauts, Winton CC v Jura CC
09 October - Dynamo Morpork v Jura CC, Ashgrove Astronauts v Winton CC
11 October - Jura CC v Ashgrove Astronauts, Dynamo Morpork v Winton CC

Pay particular attention to setting game as a DEV Friendly and home/away side. I'm sending friendly requests for the matches involving my team right after this message is sent.
Hi JOJO... Feedback as requested - Jura has accepted the game on 8 October from Winton. We have issued an invitation for the 11th to the Astronauts

Logged into an interesting tussle against Winton - incredibly slow start in my innings chasing 194 but now the runs are coming and we are slowly hauling in that RR if these two can stay in from another 5-10 overs - I am my own worst enemy - posted - went back and he's out! - no more posts on this game from me until its done!!!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Another WR Tumble for the Wild Geese - we are now 146th in the Stumped world. Seems a bit harsh! but then again, we have no idea how it works! Being in OD 3 and bottom of T20 OD 2 isn't helping but I'm sure we could give WR 145 a good game!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I’m tempted to sell Burger... he is meant to be my best bowler but never quite does enough and I find myself currently not knowing what to do with him. If I sell him I can make some monies potentially and maybe get somebody more suited down the line? What do you guys think? I have had him since the beginning so nostalgic value is real...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And Levy goes first ball in the Cup game... when playing stronger opponents you need you best players facing the most balls.But at the moment I seem to be getting no luck my way.

ataraxia

International Coach
I’m tempted to sell Burger... he is meant to be my best bowler but never quite does enough and I find myself currently not knowing what to do with him. If I sell him I can make some monies potentially and maybe get somebody more suited down the line? What do you guys think? I have had him since the beginning so nostalgic value is real...
Nah. BQ is the most important thing for bowlers really, and his is astronomic. While he might not reap the rewards that others do (he's not that far off tbh), his bowling enables the other bowlers to take wickets. It's a little annoying that this is how Stumped cricket works, but yeah.

I'm not in a million years discarding Ludlow, because while his stats may not look so great, he's my best bowler or almost BQ-wise on all surfaces.

1664705705387.png

I don't care about that -- take a look around top team opening bowlers, and many average 30s into 40s. But they are still amazing.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And TMOs cup game is over with Davidson wicket. I don’t mind losing. Particularly against better quality teams but it does sometimes feel that my orders are irrelevant to the game and having decent players does not help even if the team is outclassed overall.

ataraxia

International Coach
Lost our Cup match also, to a team 10K better than us. The good Cup run still a dream... though this does break a three-time R2-out streak.

And in hindsight I guess the AXW collapse to Ijaz and Xenos was quite inevitable -- not strong in the slightest, that top order.

JOJOXI

Hi JOJO... Feedback as requested - Jura has accepted the game on 8 October from Winton. We have issued an invitation for the 11th to the Astronauts

Logged into an interesting tussle against Winton - incredibly slow start in my innings chasing 194 but now the runs are coming and we are slowly hauling in that RR if these two can stay in from another 5-10 overs - I am my own worst enemy - posted - went back and he's out! - no more posts on this game from me until its done!!!
A very tight win for you in the end!

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC are 0-12 across all Dev cricket this season. Competitive, Friendly, CWC6.

We've signed on a couple of 'ringers' but I don't think they'll significantly bolster the squad. Maybe we'll pinch a couple of wins before the season ends. Kind of dreading the grind of pulling this side back up from Div 3 if they relegate, sigh.

We did get a bot in Round 3 of the Cup tho, which was nice for IGT. Coming across Liverpool Vikings - world rank #3 - in 2 weeks tho! Yikes.

FHK put in a stunning effort against Oxfam Rejects - world #9 - in their Cup R3 game tho! We've got a relatively easier team in R4, so hopefully we take the win there and proceed into R5.

Been a tough CWC6 for FHK as well. The win over AXI was nice, but beaten comprehensively by Schmaltzberg and Wild Geese. Bolstering the side with outside signings is not an option. Our team actually is not that bad, hopefully results turn in our favour next couple of weeks and we can sneak into the Top 8.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Dev 2.2 - The Quasi CWC division where (Free HK, Mooo, Winton CC and the Wild Geese are battling for supremacy (or avoid relegation!) and CWS bragging rights?!

Come on Mooo!!! Defeat the imposter Gaukrodger! We also have two legendary affiliate teams in our mix (Tonks Affiliate - Marvellous Effort That, and SA Ducks (affiliate of the Chester Ducks managed by Mike 778)

Any or none of us could be sitting top of the table later depending on which way results blow!