• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Good News: We outrate the opposition by 15K and have bowled reasonably well (6.8 avg quality)
Bad News: We've somehow still got a chase of around 250 on our hands. I'm dreading an upset :confused:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In a run-festGG were able to amass 392 for 9 against a team that was 7k lower in the ratings.

D Souza smashed 101 (70)
Bram Human- 93 (61)
RDV- 55 (56)

They made a valiant effort to chase down the target but were short by 96 runs.
Ijaz with 3 wickets
Xenos, Jardine, and C.Human with 2 each

Still getting relegated though after finishing on 7th place.

cnerd123

likes this
Looks like the boys had a point to prove! 111 run opening partnership in 19 overs, leading to a 6 wicket win with more than 11 overs to spare! Great effort. Another season in Division 2 has been secured.

All eyes now on FHK - can they complete the clean sweep, 1st place in all 3 leagues?

SillyCowCorner1

Warfield does have that macho tough guy thing going for him...if you guys didn't know already, he recently smacked a century in 30 balls...

Having a name like Warfield does have its pros lol

He's currently 66 off 46 against Honest Hunks.

ataraxia

International Coach
An excellent Dee knock in my SOD sees the better team promote to division 2. Which is good for my own promotion hopes next season.

I'm going to aim for promotion to division 1 T20 next season after a strong performance this season. It seems ridiculous, but I think I've got a strong T20 side and not many Asia teams do.

T20 season review:

Rusty Frost scored the most runs this season, despite only passing 50 once. But he contributed a number of significant cameos taking advantage of the powerplay, and of course that 126 not out. 13 matches, 312 runs at 26.00 and 134.48.

Jan du Preez was arguably the batsman of the season. Now plying his trade with AX-W, the experienced Saffa contributed three 50s at the top, belying his previous inability to score in T20s. 9 matches, 280 runs at 31.11 and 112.00.

Kurt Murdoch was on track to record a SR of over 200, until 29 (38) in the final game. Apart from that, he was incredibly clutch. Highlight being an unbeaten 16-ball 50 to make an impossible chase against the Legend Killers! 13 matches, 224 runs at 28.00 and 165.93.

After being the star AXI T20 batsman by quite a distance, Bobby Shaffrey had a mediocre season, and will be leaving the club in shame within the hour. :ph34r: But seriously, his time has come. 14 matches, 213 runs at 16.38 and 99.53. With a HS of 30. He still captained and kept the side to a season win, and has been an amazing club servant. Sorely missed.

Senior batsmen Daniel Rowan, Arthur Branning, and Nicky Clift were all excellent in their own ways. Clift won his final club match, Branning was simply brutal even without strong form, and Rowan just scored runs.

Michael Winton and Shawn Dee were the weak links in the batting. They both got season-high scores in the last match, but their records still are not great.

The bowling was absolutely excellent.

Jasper Davey opened the bowling, not always on helpful wickets, and recorded 24 wickets at 14.42 and 6.63 in his 14 matches. Brilliant from the medium pacer.

Steve Ludlow was just incredible. 14 matches, 19 wickets at 15.37 and 5.74. On flat wickets, bowling in the PP and the death. Economy a massive 0.8 clear of second place out of all players in the league lol. Bowler of the season.

Frans Potgieter has consistently been the weak point of the attack. But 13 matches, 17 wickets at 20.82 and 7.70 doesn't look bad, hey? The other frontline spinner, Juan Goliath, was better. 9 matches, 13 wickets at 17.85 and 7.10.

Considering that Howell Brown bowls at the death, 5 matches, 12 wickets at 10.33 and 7.22 is fab. Rusty Frost is hopefully going to become more of a 6th bowler. Not great from him, 12 wickets at 26.50 and 9.04. Michael Winton's part-time spin wasn't great either.

I'll remain at the same divisions next season, but that doesn't mean it hasn't gone well.

ataraxia

International Coach
Disappointing loss for AX-W against the bot. A ninth-wicket partnership of 60 brought them the win. Juan Goliath got five wickets, as with the concurrent friendly against Winton CC, also lost. It's been a busy day for Juan without team reward; he also played roles with bat in both games.

The main won against JOJO.

AndiCrew

Cricket Spectator
I played FTP and BT yet don't any longer.

stumped a ton better. BT and FTP lose their test and become exhausting over the long run. stumped can possibly remain energizing for quite a while.

cnerd123

likes this
I played FTP and BT yet don't any longer.

stumped a ton better. BT and FTP lose their test and become exhausting over the long run. stumped can possibly remain energizing for quite a while.
What's your team name mate? Always nice to have someone new join the CW Stumped group.

Round 3 of the CWC4 Championship are now underway. ZCC elected to bowl first at home vs Dynamo Morpork, and have taken 2 early wickets. Mthabela and Marita rebuilding for the visitors. 65/2 in 15. Lots of moisture in the pitch with 57 wear too, should be a low scoring game.

And over the the 5DNOL stadium GG CC have won the toss and opted to bat first against FHK. Usual quick and dry surface with 48 wear. Levy and Human have started well, as they usually do. 61/0 in 16 overs. But as we've seen before on this ground, the tricky bit comes in the 2nd half of the innings, when LOY an Shum get into their work. Veteran medium pacer Pong Nam has been left out for today's clash, with Joshua Wong and Ted Hui both playing. Means all 3 quicks for FHK today are bowling 80 mph+, lets see if that has an impact.

cnerd123

likes this
Brilliant knock by Tony Watt took GG CC to 222/7. Good score. He was particularly brutal on the pace of Joshua Wong. Game on at 5DNOL stadium

ZCC bowl excellently to keep Morpork to just 188/8. Ramalingam 10-2-18-1. Excellent spell.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The game between TMOs and Jura just became interesting with 3 wickets in three balls... still behind the 8 ball with only 216 on the board but at least we putting up a fight.

SillyCowCorner1

Plaatjies came in and struck with a double blow, removing both of the set batsmen…

An opening for GG, but I feel the runs are not enough.

SillyCowCorner1

Brilliant knock by Tony Watt took GG CC to 222/7. Good score. He was particularly brutal on the pace of Joshua Wong. Game on at 5DNOL stadium

ZCC bowl excellently to keep Morpork to just 188/8. Ramalingam 10-2-18-1. Excellent spell.
Funny thing is that I forgot to set the orders…
Xenos is missing in the bowling…he can crank it up past 90mph and this wicket is quick

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
A good win for Jura against TMO. On paper the expert gave the orange apes the edge - (although it was a close match up batting and bowling wise) , but the Orangutans with their exceptionally long arms are always (unsurprisingly) the best fielders and this is often the source of a key wicket sometime in an opposition innings I have noticed

It was a pretty easy pitch so I guess TMO would have hoped to have scored more, 250 maybe to put the heat on. Our bowling left something to be desired - a lot of wides and no balls from Bell and Marwick (who are old enough almost to know better!) and as usual Brooks and Hobbs leaked too many. However Umer was rather a revelation and I really think it was his stint of 10 overs for 23 that should have earnt him the MoM - it was very accurate bowling from a spinner on this generous wicket.

There were some thrills and spills and ooh s and aahs but generally Jura aimed for 6 rpo and kept themselves ahead of the game. 3 wickets fell in a spasm around the 20 over mark - which was a critical moment - but fortunately (for us) Wilton then came in and batted with care and flair with Pickering to guide the match slowly but surely our way. Not sure yet how the other matches will pan out but should keep us in the leading pack

cnerd123

likes this
Funny thing is that I forgot to set the orders…
Xenos is missing in the bowling…he can crank it up past 90mph and this wicket is quick
ffs, and we still lost :(
What's more galling was the collapse - 152/2 to 217 a/o. Grrr. Should have won that game but wasn't our day. We were 182/9 but LOY and Ted Hui nearly pulled it off with 35 runs 11th wicket partnership. 81 from Tony Chung and 43 from Tin Yau but in vain. Kasun Obeysekere with a good 5-fer and valuable runs. Reckon Tony Watt's innings was key tho, got GG CC to a winning score.

ZCC nearly ****ed up their chase too. 41/3 was a poor start but Zack Yattack (80) and Raun Shkorer (47*) bailed us out with a 112 run partnership. We then wobbled again, losing 3 wickets in scoring the remaining 36 runs. Got there with just 2 overs and 3 wickets to spare.

Good games guys!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Well the Buy Ins lost to Schmaltzberg by a wicket. I do enjoy these games against the Dynamos! They delight in producing such devilish wickets that you rarely see the like of ...anywhere else

The fun of it is how to set your orders and then when the game begins you never know what might happen in the second innings (you cannot assume you have won or lost it over you tea-time scone between innings !) I am beginning to conclude that 200 on a Dynamo pitch is almost certainly a win and that even 180 might make you favourite.........

As for the game itself , well it was just a titanic battle for one batter after the other to survive - in that way Dynamo opener Hameed, stood out - firstly for surviving 95 balls and secondly for picking out 8 balls to despatch for 4. Take him out of the equation and the game would have gone the other way. Hats off to Will Scott the wrist spinner also. You might have thought he was a square peg in a round hole on this pitch - but he bowled more tightly that anyone , good control for a wristie!

It puts the Buy Ins out of the Top 4 - but given the Schmaltzies are propping up the table, anyone can beat anyone so there is everything to play for still

cnerd123

likes this
FHK still seemed rattled by the loss to GG CC - they're now 35/4 in 8 overs batting first in a T20 via ZCC! They actually have the ratings edge too, and are playing at home. Talk about a rough day...

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
***** and FHK have a manager who is very tough on them and himself! They are still the ratings kings in CWC and when the rest of us try to think of ways around their numerical superiority it is chastening to remember that in terms of experience , strategy and tactics their manager has 'been there, seen that and done that'. No doubt some of the secret of his success is based on being a hard taskmaster - but anyway a victory against either of these 2 teams is a rare jewel - so well done to GG today for that achievement and keeping the table 'busy'!

SillyCowCorner1

ffs, and we still lost :(
What's more galling was the collapse - 152/2 to 217 a/o. Grrr. Should have won that game but wasn't our day. We were 182/9 but LOY and Ted Hui nearly pulled it off with 35 runs 11th wicket partnership. 81 from Tony Chung and 43 from Tin Yau but in vain. Kasun Obeysekere with a good 5-fer and valuable runs. Reckon Tony Watt's innings was key tho, got GG CC to a winning score.

ZCC nearly ****ed up their chase too. 41/3 was a poor start but Zack Yattack (80) and Raun Shkorer (47*) bailed us out with a 112 run partnership. We then wobbled again, losing 3 wickets in scoring the remaining 36 runs. Got there with just 2 overs and 3 wickets to spare.

Good games guys!
The Plaatjies double strike, taking the two well-set batsmen tilted it in GG’s favor. After that skipper Levy just made the right bowling changes, Ijaz came in and struck immediately, and then Obeysekere made crucial strikes.

Captain Levy is a tactical genius.

Oh, it’s also good having a competent keeper, he snared 4 catches.

Last edited: