• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Painful innings this from Ivan Lam. He's only on 7 touch, really struggling against some good quality bowling. Last recognised batter so I understand the attempt to hold up an end tho.

cnerd123

likes this
12* off 53 from Ivan Lam lol. Playing for that red ink it seems. FHK only manage 212 in the end, Nathan Law 91 off 86. Lam faced 46 of the 72 balls in their partnership. Really struggled to rotate the strike. ZCC bowled well throughout, Hashim Zahid makes a big difference to the attack.

Should be an easy chase but there will be a tricky new ball phase to negotiate first.

cnerd123

likes this
Ivan Lam redeems himself somewhat with 3/33 in 8 overs, but ZCC cruise to a 5 wicket win. Sajith with 73 off 95 to lay the platform and Danial Ahsan a bright 52 off 39 to help finish off the chase. Raun grinds out 35* to help ZCC over the line with 7 overs overs to spare.

The 2nd XIs play each other later today, should be fun!

cnerd123

likes this
FHK playing host to TMO in a 50 over game now - this match overlaps with their 2nd XI game later today. Busy Thursday!

Batting first and off to a quiet start. Our full strength side rates 58K vs TMO's 55K. The XI that played ZCC earlier today rated 60K! Bikswing Nouding makes a big difference to the ratings it seems.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So Reid has been given a break today, much deserved one of those players that always play across all divisions. In his place is the up and coming Davidson who is going to be given an opportunity in the senior team on a more permanent basis... see how he goes today with some aggressive intent.

cnerd123

likes this
102 run opening partnership by Margenout and Sree for TMO, followed by 3 wickets for 28 runs! Davidson with just 9 of 11. Margenout is still out there on 54* but needs someone to form a partnership with him here.

And in the 2nd XI game, FHK opted to bat first at home (how do we have two games running simultaneously at the ground? :confused1) but were quickly reduced to 16/3! Andy Li (50 off 86) and Tam Tak-chi (50 off 94) recovered with a 95 run partnership over 152 balls. They're both out now, 120/5 in 36 overs. Can they get to 200?

cnerd123

likes this
Untimely wicket there for TMO, they were cruising. Should still win this - 170/4 in 34 overs. At this point FHK were just 149/3.

Seems a good batting wicket. We've been quite aggressive with our fields, have leaked a lot of runs without producing many chances.

cnerd123

likes this
TMO taking this deep I see. Not content with an easy run chase :p

Thundayal's wicket would make this really interesting

cnerd123

likes this
Good chase by TMO today. Perhaps we were 15-20 runs below par, but I thought it was a reasonable score. That opening partnership between Sree and Margenout was excellent. Set the platform for the win. TMO have lost 6 wickets for 127 runs after that. Batting gets harder here against the older ball, you really need to score most of your runs in the first 30 and we didn't do that today.

cnerd123

likes this
Meanwhile the FHK 2nd XI end up with 180 on the board, thanks to 29* from Bikswing Nouding and cameos from Spavor and Joshua Wong. Spavor has already nipped out an early wicket too, a couple more and we could be in for a really interesting game!

Just realised I have Joshua Wong playing both matches! I think Ted Hui was suppose to feature in one of them. Whoops.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nice chase by TMOs. Like Margenout opening, Sree batting aggressive. Will be giving Davidson more chance as an aggressive batsmen. Thundayal is always good at 5, my best batsmen not overly attacking but often produces crucial run a ball innings.

I do think that my bowling with 3 x 150+ bowlers punches above their weight compared to the actual ratings...

Thanks for the game @cnerd123

cnerd123

likes this
I do think that my bowling with 3 x 150+ bowlers punches above their weight compared to the actual ratings...
Oh definitely. They bowled really well upfront too, didn't let our top order get off to a start.

I plan to eventually move on from Pong Nam and have a 3 man pace attack all bowling 90 mph+ too, with some spin to support.

cnerd123

likes this
Big SOD games today - ZCC must win to avoid relegation to Div 3, while FHK need a win to secure promotion!

This 1 up 3 down is incredibly cruel.