• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
T20 against Schmaltzberg, collapsed to 88 all out on a demonic Basin pitch. Hat-trick and five-for for Christian Owen. Still in with a shot, couple of early wickets.

ataraxia

International Coach
In spite of the early inroads a partnership formed to see Schmaltzberg through.

12 pops: 4 incrementals, 1 stamina, 5 experience, and 2 of note:
  • With one day to go in his Dev career, seamer Steve Ludlow has popped to 34 bowl. Considering 34 skill's the baseline for a senior player of my team, that's good. :) Ludlow will still be on coaching as his potential is 45 and he's a late bloomer. Currently the coaching staff are debating whether to terminate a senior player's contract or not upon Ludlow's promotion.
  • Frans Potgieter, spinner, has popped to 31 bowl. The 18yo has a lot of time left in his Dev career to get up close to his potential of 45.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone in CW3 still up?

Mooo have already thrown in the towel at the halfway stage of their match against FHK.
Chasing 270+, they are busy playing test match…14/2 in the 8th over.

GG are doing well in their defense of 230 against AA’s. We currently have them 37/3 in the 8th over.

ataraxia

International Coach
*doesn't set orders for Dev match, goes in with full-strength side against bot*
*default orders are bowling first, so only the top order will get a bat*
*is 45-6 chasing down 98ao (38.2) against the bot*

Well, it alleviates IGT concerns, and bonus point seems inevitable if the target is chased down. The problem is if they manage to beat me. :ph34r:

ataraxia

International Coach
Hehe that was some cheeky luck, not setting orders and still getting great IGT results, with my #10 who needs IGT getting a bat. Calm stuff from Ludlow to ensure the win with 10* (31) from #9 in his final Dev game.

cnerd123

likes this
finally remembered to set orders today, but my Dev boys have gone and dropped 3 catches, leaving the oppo flying at are 143/1 in 21 overs.

Things can turn around quick in this format (as evident by our CWC3 game vs Morpork), but not looking good as we battle to stay out of the relegation zone.

FHK still fighting for promotion in Dev cricket. Seemed locked in to relegate from the senior stuff tho. Terrible season, hope we bounce back stronger from it.

cnerd123

likes this
We somehow pulled off a win there! Set 239 to chase, Grubs got 47 and Madani 52, but at 165/6 I figured we were done and dusted. However Stuart Garner played another blinder, 73* off 56, and got good support from Taufeeq Bashir, who hit a career highest 25. ended up winning by 3 wickets with plenty of time to spate. Dev cricket is nuts sometimes.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Someone once said - 'be careful what you wish for'.... I wished for more friendly competitions and am grateful for all those with the imagination, effort and ingenuity to create them but....

I think there was some celebrity who ran a marathon every day for 30 days or suchlike??

Well in the NST20 cup that Moo and I play in (currently last and second to last!) we are about to each play our 47th and 48th matches tonight!! Yes for some reason we always play two matches at the same time concurrently near enough every night there is not a competitive match scheduled!!!

It says it is a round robin tournament - but this is one fat robin! With 17 other teams it should have ended after 17 matches...... ok the double up means 34 but here we are approaching our half century of nightly double whippings!!

My only hope is it comes to an end after 68 matches ....... perish the thought I see more fixtures come up after that and then have to consider the prospect of 136 matches? 272? ....

Our only respite is that there are so many matches and Moo and I are so adrift at the bottom that I rarely remember to change my inadequate default team. If you were really fighting it out for the title - you'd be a complete insomniac by now!

Fascinating that none of the teams talk about it in the forum..... I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog day, I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog day, I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog day, I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog day, I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog day, I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog day etc x 272 !!!!:wacko:

Last edited:

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG just completed a game today against Dynamo Schmaltzberg which ended in them being on the losing side.

Batting first, they could have only muster up a meager 163 all out in 43.3 overs. Jayraj D Souza top-scored with 63 off 103 with 4x4; Cornelius Human with 25 off 37 (3x4); and Kasun Obeysekere 18 off 23 (2x4).

Bowling for Dynamo S,

Adrian Foates: 10-2-33-4
Muchafara Nflovu: 7-0-27-3
Will Scott: 10-0-46-2

In reply, Armand Bernstein and ‘keeper’ Bill Manning formed a partnership of 68(101) which blew the wind off of the sails of GG’s bowlers.
Manning led the way with 45 off 85 (5x4); Bernstein with 32 off 70 (3x4); Eashwar Pewar with an unbeaten 28 off 30 (2x4, 1x6).
D Souza, buoyed by his batting performance, was also GG’s best bowler on display. He grabbed 2 for 20 off 6 overs. Roger Attlee proved to be miserly with 2 for 30 off his 10 overs, and leg-spinner Christo Theron with 1 for 39 off 8.4 overs.

Schmaltzberg reached their target in the 44th over.

Ratings for this match:

Schmaltzberg- 48,522
GG- 43,527

cnerd123

likes this
A big win over the league leaders sees FHK pull out of the relegation zone! Agnes Chow adapting well to her new role of finisher with a rapid 40 odd, which along with fifties from Kovrig and Abdullah took us to a well above par score. Lester Shum then nabbed 6 wickets on a typically dry home pitch to win us the game. We're still hanging onto 1st place in Dev as well, so hopefully we remain in Div 2 in 2 formats come next season.

Meanwhile ZCC continue to re-assert their top position in the T20 league. Really hope we end strong and promote. I think we've built a really good side in the format. All set to dominate CWC4 hehe