• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs manager is actually being a bit of a naught boy at the moment... I have 3 players U21 up for sale. Thinking about a 4th but maybe tomorrow only... when I am about to have 3 x U21 age out... I`m just trying to get rid of anything I don't real need. Which will take me down to 7/8 U21 in squad. I know that I am going to end up with a few dodgy players as I will be forced to keep any scouts for a few weeks, but I am hoping I can save a few extra little $'s for awhile.

ataraxia

International Coach
AX–W v Winton – a very typical sort of 300. Run-a-ball 74 from Hurst. Two-runs-a-ball 74 from O'Callaghan. And, despite, dominating the strike, ul-Haq was still there after O'Callaghan's dismissal. This match he was scoring particularly slowly. Maybe it was the pitch, but my theory is he always scores at a rate to ensure he scores 100 if he bats the innings, and no more. But this time his desire was not fulfilled: out for 93 (151) in the 46th. Still managed to eke out 300. Mettias and Stone 60s weren't quick enough, leaving too much pressure on the rest of the lineup.
As if to prove the point, in the Weatherwax Cup he scored 107* (122), forced to score quicker by his paucity of strike. He brought up the crucial hundred with a six. Which was something remarkable: in 9728 deliveries faced in one-day cricket, that was only his second six. Viva the 60 SR!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs probably going to end up 2nd in their T20 div because of two games this season, either of which had turned out differently they would have been 1st. Firstly, a loss in the very first match of the season, against the team who will be 7th (8th turned bot). The second is that the eventual no 1 and myself tied in our second match (TMOs won the first) because his number 11 took 24 runs off the last over including a 6 off the last ball...
...and yes I am more than a little bit bitter.

I am probably going to end 2nd (possible 3rd) in the SOD div... but the better team got through and I have no bitterness there.

Davidson has been fantastic this season and so has Hunt, for different reasons. And Levy who has been in terrible touch all season has still manage to avg 48 in competitive play. Lorkin is top wicket taker in both SOD and T20. Hoping Levy and Davidson come together to do some amazing stuff next season and season after!
The better team may not get through! Have my own fate in my hands... 1 vs 2 final match winner takes all...
Its been a stupidly competitive season...

ataraxia

International Coach
Big week ahead for both teams.

AXI are hunting for the triple 1.1 win. The Dev title's sewn up, rather fortuitously given our low ratings, but hey. Require a win in SOD 1.1 to take that title, effectively. Currently sitting on top so do have a cushion in case of a loss. Our match is against the highest-rated team in the league, but one with no chance of progressing. So hopefully they submit an IGT lineup! In the T20 we need to win against a team to be relegated and the top team needs to lose against the 3rd-placed team. Holding out hope.

AX–W have a good old-fashioned division 3 title match – with a win or a tie we go through. In both DEV 1.1 and SOD 2.3 we've stayed afloat, but relegation remains a remote possibility in each.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As mentioned above, GG CC dev team's campaign resulted in them finishing 6th place in DIV 2.1
I think this is good in the long term, as we have some kids who are gonna love the lower division to build their skills. I am talking about 45 potential and above

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs have sent a few SOD match challengers out... just a bit of practise for the coming season. Probably keep sending and accepting challenges throughout the off season...

ataraxia

International Coach
1697019064250.png
:toot:

Won T20 1.1, pumped! Wellington won their promotion match also, and in the good old-fashioned way: by slogging to 251.

Now, to win the triple crown, all that needs to happen is us to hang on in the OD. Wellington's task is to hang on to their div 2 SOD spot.

Can't say it's been the worst season.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
View attachment 37599
:toot:

Won T20 1.1, pumped! Wellington won their promotion match also, and in the good old-fashioned way: by slogging to 251.

Now, to win the triple crown, all that needs to happen is us to hang on in the OD. Wellington's task is to hang on to their div 2 SOD spot.

Can't say it's been the worst season.
Now that’s a solid season you have had.

Some of my teams will be relegated…but it is a good thing. They need the match time while developing into absolute madmen in their game.