• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Thank you for the game - it was a fairly straightfoward pitch - something for everyone - i was pleased how my two experienced youths Pal and Pic batted
230 was never going to be enough, especially since we wanted to get Naeem Ashraf some exposure to see how he goes.

Pretty impressive bowling ratings from your lot! Is that normal?

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
230 was never going to be enough, especially since we wanted to get Naeem Ashraf some exposure to see how he goes.

Pretty impressive bowling ratings from your lot! Is that normal?
They weren't that high - no youths there - that was pretty much the best Jura could offer apart from poor old Marwick not asked to bowl and then bat at 5!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got stomped in SOD by a team with the deepest batting I’ve ever seen and who only uses four bowlers in the first 40 overs.

One of Nelson's recent games. Real Madrid lost 5/79 to 10 overs of dross and fell just two runs short of their chase lol

Very interesting strategy. West Indies did something similar to blitz BD in the recent T20 World Cup
Going back to this....

1671745629492.png
That age/wage combo is ridic.

Jarquis

Happy throwing this game in the interest of being able to field stronger teams elsewhere. I was never beating a 70k team and why the hell are they DIV2 anyway

cnerd123

likes this
urgh, awful loss for ZCC in the SOD today. Batting first might have been a mistake, definitely left runs out there with Abdul Younis' go slow. Still should expect to defend that, especially since the part timers did their job well enough. Thought against a weaker opposition we were better off going for batting depth to cover against a shock collapse.

Two really poor results to start the season. Fearing the worst already.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
urgh, awful loss for ZCC in the SOD today. Batting first might have been a mistake, definitely left runs out there with Abdul Younis' go slow. Still should expect to defend that, especially since the part timers did their job well enough. Thought against a weaker opposition we were better off going for batting depth to cover against a shock collapse.

Two really poor results to start the season. Fearing the worst already.
Oh well at last you met the Geese - afraid the manager had too much xmas spirit to set any orders - 1 point wasted - hope that doesnt come back to bit at EOS!

ataraxia

International Coach
*loses comfortably to ZCC, and then to FHK twice*
*beats Velociraptors in a one-dayer*

AXI really like competitive matches in Asia? :confused1 It is getting pretty incredible – no. 16 in the world; 14 competitive wins on the trot. Just to stress: we're by no means a top-tier team lol

Jarquis

Azam and Goonewardene are an interesting case study in the importance of SS (it seems to be a lot).

ataraxia

International Coach
Agreed that shot selection is important, but SS-dominant players of which AXI has had plenty – Murdoch, Clift, Winton, Simmonds – sometimes score runs very slowly. They're playing shots under the assumption that they can execute a reasonable percentage of them, but they often can't! This means that batting positions are especially important for these guys to get 50 (50) rather than 25 (50). I think shot selection actually really helps with innings length on reflection, most importantly. It is a very important skill.

Shots themselves rely on shot selection as well a little IIRC – I believe this was a buff to minimise the effectiveness of Zack Yattacks with low SS and higher d/a