• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Ncanana on a rampage... have not seen him bowl this well in a long time.
i find the way you shuffle your bowlers around quite interesting. Lots of 1-over bursts. Apparently there is some benefit to giving a bowler a 2-3 over spell, apparently it helps them settle into a rhythm

ataraxia

International Coach
Just popping in here to post so I get every subforum on the front page as everyone logs on.
This post is a prime example of the need for the questionable react.

My batters have been doing weird stuff recently. Even ignoring the ultra-random Butler century, we've had this SCT thrashing, and now this. Wtf O'Callaghan.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
i find the way you shuffle your bowlers around quite interesting. Lots of 1-over bursts. Apparently there is some benefit to giving a bowler a 2-3 over spell, apparently it helps them settle into a rhythm
So I tend not to give Viljoen, Ncanana, Passmore or Coetzee (not currently playing) greater than 2 over bursts (frequently 1). Between inaccuracy and poor stamina they frequently give runs away, but take wickets at opportune times as well. I will also give de Klerk (who gives runs away) an occasional over in the first 10 but otherwise leave his overs for later in the innings. Passmore will most likely get a 3 over spell later in innings but will struggle through it with his poor stamina.

Its one of the reasons Burger is so important and I get frustrated. He is my banker that needs to at least keep the runs down if not take the wickets, while the others bowl around him in the first 25 overs. If he is getting carted then the others are much less likely to get the job done.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be nice if we could make a contest of this but at this stage I’m purely curious to see how many sixes Hlengwa can hit…

cnerd123

likes this
Astronauts very much still in this. Ball losing it's shine and the bowlers losing their steam. Hot day, two set batters and plenty more to come. Sherwood might be dismissed due to exhaustion soon, but asking rate still under 6 so it's still 60/40 I'd say.