• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Well done Zzorax - Furqan and Ghani were just far too hot to handle! ?
Danial Ahsan did really well too - 71 and a wicket, good job taking over the captaincy. Good result, glad that combination hit 60k ratings as wel!

FHK's bowling continues to be incredible. Shot out WCC for 125, TTC carries his bat again in the chase.

In the 2nd XI T20 FHK got shot out for just 41 lol. Hashim Zahid bossing it in these matches.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
On a tough wicket, TMOs long batting order strikes again taking them home against Schmaltzberg. Sheldon playing a lone hand becoming stranded in the end; with Ncanana's hatrick ending Schmaltzberg's innings quickly being very critical to the outcome. Thanks for the game @Magrat Garlick.

Davidson continues to show promise, but definitely lacks experience. Mthombeni largely clean behind the stumps but needs to step-up batting wise. More potential rejigging for the MTO batting line-up coming management will make decisions in coming days.

ataraxia

International Coach
Following many bottings I've found a way into division 2 in SOD! So div 2 in all formats. Fun.

Downside is that there's now a humanless div 3 OD league in Asia. :(

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC announce squads for Season 30!

ZCC has formally announced their squads for Season 30, which begins this Monday 31st Jan 2022. The club has offered 16 players 'Senior Squad' contracts, making them eligible for SOD and T20 matches, while 6 have been offered Developmental contracts and will only play in Development League games during the season. Of the 16 Senior players, 7 are 21 or younger, and therefore still eligible for Dev cricket. Raun Shkorer is the only active International cricketer in the squad, though 4 others have received international caps before. 21 year old Danial Ahsan has been announced as the Senior Team vice-captain, having established himself as a first-team regular in the past season, and having experienced captaining the side in Jalal's stead during the off-season friendlies. He remains the Dev XI captain as well, with 15 year old Umer Ashraf and 19 year old Abdul Younis expected to lead the team when he is unavailable.

ZCC have also put three Senior contracts up for offer - former BD National allrounder Hashim Zahid (27 years old), batsman Shahbaz Furqan (24 years old) and batting allrounder Zack Yattack (24 years old). From the Dev XI, 16 year old wicketkeeper-batter prospect Ed Samuels' contract has been put up on offer as well. Interested clubs are requested to approach ZCC.

ZCC SOD/T20 Squad - A. Jalal (c), D.Ahsan (vc), H. Hadden, H. Zahid, H. de Mehlo, S. de Estandau, C. Yiu, S. Furqan, R. Shkorer, Z. Yattack, J. Madani, S. Ramalingam, G. Ghani, T. Chester, E. Halliday, A. Younis

ZCC Development Players - U. Ashraf (vc), A. Muchafara, T. Bashir, I. Shafi, A. Latif, E. Samuels

ataraxia

International Coach
Taken a quick look at my OD and T20 divisions. OD looks pretty weak, and T20 menacing. Given that my T20 side seems better than my OD side, here's hoping this turns out well. (Don't really care about Dev except for IGT).

Round 1 Cup: AXI have a 25K team, AX-W a 45K team. Would much prefer if it were the other way around.

cnerd123

likes this
Bots first round of the Cup for ZCC and FHK, which is nice. Will use it to get some IGT into the developing youngsters.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
CUP WAFFLE!

So far I have always felt disappointed when the CUP schedule came out. I have no right to , it is just a knee jerk reaction to the fact (so far) I have always been beaten (don't check I may be exaggerating and won 1!).

With 242 teams in Stumped, and Jura ranked 115 at the moment (its highest ) and Buy Ins (203 ditto) I'm sure Spock would find my response 'highly illogical' in that the odds have always been in my favour of departing in R1 !

Actually although 'to seed or not to seed' , and whether bots must not be drawn against themselves are perennial 'hot potatoes' in Stumped , the fact they are not is of benefit if you are a lowly team that does not trouble the top 64.

So at least Hunks and I both now have some chance of making it to R2 (although zero chance of both doing so!) :D

ataraxia

International Coach
AXI's top order are missing the calming influence of Dee (rested); AX-W have three early wickets in the CWC4 clash. Rusty went first ball, and Simmonds + Rowan were out caught O'Callaghan bowled Price.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The AA's outrates us by over 8K...but so far we have managed to take 2 wickets and kept them scoring under 4 an over. Need to maintain this hold on them.

ataraxia

International Coach
A 38-ball counter-attacking 50 from Branning. He was in poor form last season, and it's good to see he's rectified that first game since the touch update. Meanwhile, Michael Winton is trotting along at a SR of 40. Can't imagine it'll do too much good as it's a hot day and he'll tire himself out. But it's good to see him get time in the middle.