• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad

Precambrian

Banned
You are right he does.

Its a strange thing sweeping cricket. The current Australian cricket team look like underdeveloped school boys.

They look like they need a good meal and rather than beeing elite level athletes they look like refugees.

Ive been noticing for a long time this trend and it has me worried. Michael Clarke being the first to look like a 12 year old. It has spread through the team and even Tait, who once appeared broad shouldered and strong in the chest, has the Clalista Flockhart head-too-big-for-the-body thing going on now.

With Symonds and Watson out of the team the players looks physically underdeveloped.

Id seriously be talking to their expert nutritionists. Their chests look shrunken and they look underweight and childlike.

There is a difference between being fit and strong and being skinny and the Australians seem to have taken it too far. And before anyone mentions, it is not the 'cut' of the ODI shirts.
Though Mark Nicholas thinks otherwise, I fully agree to the above post. The contrast has been the Indian team, who always used to look "Oh so cute" to "rugged" now. With the likes of Zaheer, Yuvraj, etc. Even the English team has KP and Fred who can make that impact immediately. I still think Ishant's success against Punter has had to do with his physicality as much as his skill.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Though Mark Nicholas thinks otherwise, I fully agree to the above post. The contrast has been the Indian team, who always used to look "Oh so cute" to "rugged" now. With the likes of Zaheer, Yuvraj, etc. Even the English team has KP and Fred who can make that impact immediately. I still think Ishant's success against Punter has had to do with his physicality as much as his skill.
Sharma has the physique of a streak of piss, whilst Zaheer and UV are just overweight.

tooextracool

International Coach
Personally, if we want to avoid the "four number elevens" scenario (well, three and a ten-and-a-half in fairness to Sid, I suppose) we'd be better served by dumping him & Panesar for Anderson and Swann.
Anderson is hardly a number 11, one would think people would know that having watched him bat off late. I wouldnt even mind him coming in at number 9. Hes given our top order a lesson in how to bat recently.

Evermind

International Debutant
Sharma has the physique of a streak of piss, whilst Zaheer and UV are just overweight.
Bah, face him on a cricket pitch first.

Haha, are you kidding? Zaheer and Yuvraj "rugged"?

:laugh:

Let's not get carried away here - the Asian team players are generally half the size of and half the fitness of the western/windies players. They used to be quarter the size and fitness, so I suppose they've caught up a little. They make it up enough in other areas to be competitive, but Stuart Broad could flick Yuvraj's ears and he would go crying to his mum.

"Rugged" :laugh: That's just hilarious.

Precambrian

Banned
Haha, are you kidding? Zaheer and Yuvraj "rugged"?

:laugh:

Let's not get carried away here - the Asian team players are generally half the size of and half the fitness of the western/windies players. They used to be quarter the size and fitness, so I suppose they've caught up a little. They make it up enough in other areas to be competitive, but Stuart Broad could flick Yuvraj's ears and he would go crying to his mum.

"Rugged" :laugh: That's just hilarious.
We all saw who ran to his mum in the T20s... ;)

There are the wannabes of course like Sreesanth. But generally, Indians have never been so imposing in cricket history ever.

Windies of the 80s take the whole cake with the stripper in it for sure.

Evermind

International Debutant
Well, yeah, within the game of cricket, physicality counts for only a part of the package. That's why we have Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting becoming the best in the world.

But Broad is 6' 5" and chiselled, while Yuvraj is 5' 11" and fat. Are you seriously telling me the latter is more "imposing" than the former?

Precambrian

Banned
Well, yeah, within the game of cricket, physicality counts for only a part of the package. That's why we have Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting becoming the best in the world.

But Broad is 6' 5" and chiselled, while Yuvraj is 5' 11" and fat. Are you seriously telling me the latter is more "imposing" than the former?
Broad chiselled? :laugh:

Yuvraj is 6 feet one if am not wrong.

Matt79

Global Moderator
DWTA. Pathan is a piss poor bowler, as is Broad.

I don't get the appeal of Broad. He looks like an Evan Rachel Wood impersonator.

Bet you can't even tell them apart.
Maybe I'm just having a bad night, but I fail to see the resemblance...

Precambrian

Banned
Cute, blue eyed, complexion, hair color, density, no facial hair, doggy eyes, flat chest,

That's just to name a few.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Roughly humanoid, with clearly distinct cepheletic structure. Carbon based life form. Suspects are hatless, repeat hatless.

She's got red hair, he's got blond. She's pale with freckles, he's tanned. The structure of their faces is nothing alike. Might as well say he's separated at birth from Paris Hilton...

Matt79

Global Moderator

Bet you can't even tell them apart.

BTW, geez its hard to find a picture of Hilton on the web that you can post here...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
She's got red hair, he's got blond. She's pale with freckles, he's tanned. The structure of their faces is nothing alike. Might as well say he's separated at birth from Paris Hilton...
Clearly blessed with a sense of humour, I see.

And Evan Rachel Wood is blonde.