• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Waugh

thierry henry

International Coach
lol yeah, Steve and Mark obviously grew up together and mirrored a lot of each other's achievements through the grades, but Steve was the prodigy who made his test debut at 20 when Mark was only just making his FC debut, and beat Mark into the ODI and test teams by 3 and 5 years respectively. Mark was the twin who was always a bit behind his brother. I mean, the fact of Mark always being in Steve's shadow is like a defining feature of his legacy. To retrospectively say that Mark was the more obvious talent is just plainly factually incorrect.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
I hadn't realised he'd debuted at 20. But I thought early on he was seen as an all rounder. Like a stand in for Simon O'Donnell.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hadn't realised he'd debuted at 20. But I thought early on he was seen as an all rounder. Like a stand in for Simon O'Donnell.
His unexpected bowling success in the early days kept him in the team through the 80s while he struggled to score runs but he overachieved with it. He was always seen as a future batting mainstay who could do a bit of bowling

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Top 20 in my opinion, High value player, always available, leadership quality , big match player , got the job done with the bat and a handy medium pacer aswell .. What's not to like .