• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Waugh vs Rahul Dravid (Tests)

Better Test Batsman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The real AB played in this era of so called rubbish bowlers and huge bats and barely managed to average 50. The lesser AB will struggle to average 50 let alone 60. He will get brutally owned by the likes of Ashwin, Jadeja, Yasir and Herath on rank turners , Anderson and Philander on green tracks, Steyn and Rabada on any track.
TOTAB would average about 75 in this era and would have got to about 80-85 in the batting friendly 2000s (assuming he was actually dismissed at all).

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
TOTAB would average about 75 in this era and would have got to about 80-85 in the batting friendly 2000s (assuming he was actually dismissed at all).
May be in one series against the likes of Rubel Hussain offering pancakes on absolute roads.

Burgey

It's probably a good idea from a tendulkar fan's POV not to start a chat about stats-padding against minnows mate.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
May be in one series against the likes of Rubel Hussain offering pancakes on absolute roads.
What does this even mean?

I've heard of bowlers bowling pies, and I've heard of flat wickets being described as pancakes. I've never heard of a bowling bowling pancakes though. Do they throw it like a frisbie?

h_hurricane

It's probably a good idea from a tendulkar fan's POV not to start a chat about stats-padding against minnows mate.
I am not a Tendulkar fan by the way. Though he was better than AB in stats padding (minnows or against strong teams).

h_hurricane

What does this even mean?

I've heard of bowlers bowling pies, and I've heard of flat wickets being described as pancakes. I've never heard of a bowling bowling pancakes though. Do they throw it like a frisbie?
Doesn't matter whether they are pies or pancakes, the lesser AB will take them gleefully.

Burgey

Just a dirge here for this spud. Only saving grace is I’m telling myself he’s got his user name from India’s greatest ever and he might turn out ok.

I mean, it won’t happen, but it’s the hope that gets you.

h_hurricane

Even Spuds like Rahane and Khawaja are objectively better than the man you adore so much. You can save all your dirge towards the lesser AB as plenty of modern batsmen are going to over take him. One thing I agree with you is that Kapil was the best Indian cricketer ever.