• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Statistically impressive all-round performances, senior cricket

ataraxia

International Coach

motm controversial there i bet

Seriously, to in a 383-game career have both career bests in the same game is berserk. Probably both are career bests by some chalk, to boot. Quality of opposition is ofc dire, but this is still incredible. Can anyone one up this, for statistical impressiveness?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Starfighter

motm controversial there i bet

Seriously, to in a 383-game career have both career bests in the same game is berserk. Probably both are career bests by some chalk, to boot. Quality of opposition is ofc dire, but this is still incredible. Can anyone one up this, for statistical impressiveness?
Lol good find. Having seen Kallicharran's bowling I'd have been surprised if it could dismiss a club side. That said maybe he got better after 1976.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dave Callaghan got his highest score and best bowling in ODIs in the same game, nearly best batting and bowling figures in the game as well.
Dont forget the run out.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dave Callaghan got his highest score and best bowling in ODIs in the same game, nearly best batting and bowling figures in the game as well.
regret to have to do this RTB

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I scored 111 not out and took 8/13 & 5/3 in the same game in under 10s div 1. Highlight was a cracking caught & bowled diving full stretch to my right.

Sad to have peaked so early.

mr_mister

I was about to say bit rough to claim 204 is Kallicharans best by "some chalk" then saw it was a one dayer.

Gardamn, impressive

Starfighter

This one from WP Howell is interesting: 20, 57*, 8/31, 9/23.

Also combining batting and bowling like this is going to favour bowling allrounders. (I don't have any problem with that either)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
The longest career in Tests with highest score and best (innings) bowling in the same Test seems to be 82 matches by Michael Vaughan (197 & 2-71 v India, Nottingham 2002).
For most runs and best match bowling figures in the same Test: 87 matches by Tillakaratne Dilshan (162+143 & 4-10 v Bangladesh, Chittagong 2009).

A candidate for best all-round performance in a FC match must be George Giffen's 271 & 9-96, 7-70 for South Australia v Victoria (Adelaide, 1891-2), although those weren't Giffen's best match figures (he scored 20+82 and took 17-201 in the same fixture 6 years earlier).

Last edited:

tony p

First Class Debutant
Wally Hammond had an impressive week of all round performances in 1928 at Cheltenham for Gloucestershire.
Aug 15,16,17 v Surrey, 139 & 143, 22-3-71-1 & 10 slip catches (8 off Parker)
Aug 18,20 v Worc, 80, 10.2-2-23-9 & 33.3-5-105-6 (took the catch in the first innings preventing him from getting all 10 wkts)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Grace had a remarkable run in July/August 1874, when in 8 matches he scored 916 runs at 83.27, and 84 wickets at 10.89:

Gents (S) v Players (N): 104 & 19, 7-60 & 1-79
Gents v Players: 23 & 110, 3-61 & 7-58
Glos v Yorks: 167, 4-57 & 7-44
United South v United North: 1, 3-52 & 7-28
Kent & Glos v England: 94 & 121, 6-92 & 4-68
Gents of MCC v Kent: 123, 5-82 & 6-47
Glos v Yorks: 127, 5-44 & 5-77
Glos v Surrey: 27, 7-18 & 7-48

In 5 of the middle 6 matches here he scored a hundred and took 10 wickets. No-one else has achieved this more than 6 times in their entire career.

thierry henry

International Coach
In a 45 over match I once scored an innings-saving 50 batting at number 9, and then opened the bowling and bowled 9 overs on the trot for 3 runs. I note that Burgey has already done the "make it all about yourself" thing but then it seems apt for him and I to be joined in solipsistic narcissism.

btw to top off this fine spell of bowling I received a $5 voucher from Caltex for "economical performance"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In a 45 over match I once scored an innings-saving 50 batting at number 9, and then opened the bowling and bowled 9 overs on the trot for 3 runs. I note that Burgey has already done the "make it all about yourself" thing but then it seems apt for him and I to be joined in solipsistic narcissism.

btw to top off this fine spell of bowling I received a $5 voucher from Caltex for "economical performance"
How tall were the bowlers you faced?