• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Bangladesh: 2022

Aritro

International Regular
Nice to see some of them get runs after the horrors of South Africa. Particularly Mushfiq; this knock'll do him some good if he can turn it into a score.

It's obviously a very easy deck for batting, but I think the commentators were on to something saying it's actually flattened out. The only way a result is going to be possible is if we bat until at least tea. If the Lankan bowlers can leave some footmarks, that'll be helpful as well.

Embuldeniya has toiled away, bowling with good control and accuracy without looking particularly dangerous on this slow deck. I haven't watched him properly before this, buts some of his side-arm deliveries look like they could be really dangerous on a different deck. He whips them in fast, with a lower, much wider release point and they curve nicely to outside leg and threaten to skid on and straighten.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Liton’s avg would be around 40 in test but surprisingly its only 34. Just goes to show he had really poor years in the beginning and doing all the catch up now. In last three years his average - 50, 42 and 45.

Aritro

International Regular
Thought Liton’s avg would be around 40 in test but surprisingly its only 34. Just goes to show he had really poor years in the beginning and doing all the catch up now. In last three years his average - 50, 42 and 45.
He's exceeded my very low expectations by a long, long way. Let's give the gloves to Nurul so Litton can average 60 tbh

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
He's exceeded my very low expectations by a long, long way. Let's give the gloves to Nurul so Litton can average 60 tbh
I’m in for dropping mushfiq and replace him with Nurul in overseas tests esp. In last 13 innings, Liton’s average is over 55 and he looks too good now for overall avg 34

cnerd123

likes this
ffs this ****ing team. 2 wickets first 2 balls after the break, including Tamim, and Shakib nearly survives a close catch shout.

At least we're in the lead. Should close out the draw.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
ffs this ****ing team. 2 wickets first 2 balls after the break, including Tamim, and Shakib nearly survives a close catch shout.

At least we're in the lead. Should close out the draw.
BD is leading by 40 runs now with 4 wickets in hand. They should be thinking of a win instead of thinking that they can get to a draw now.

cnerd123

likes this
that has to be Mushy's uglies 100 ever. 270 balls and just 4 boundaries.

Yea ideally they'd push on and get a big lead and look to win by an innings, but I just don't think they're that confident and self assured a team yet. Clearly want to just not-lose and get over some of the scarring from the Pak and SA series.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
that has to be Mushy's uglies 100 ever. 270 balls and just 4 boundaries.

Yea ideally they'd push on and get a big lead and look to win by an innings, but I just don't think they're that confident and self assured a team yet. Clearly want to just not-lose and get over some of the scarring from the Pak and SA series.
Yes, they should come back from tea with an attacking mindset and increase the lead as much as possible. Give the Lankans 10-15 overs to bat today and get a couple of wickets if possible. That will make an interesting 5th day.