• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Circus thread

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If you were picking the WC squad, who would be the fifteen players?
Sanath Jayasuria, Herath, Kapugedara and some others

In all seriousness, Chandimal finds a place, as does Akila and Dickwella, these spin bowling all-rounders and Thirimanne no way, if there wasn't a leadership crisis Dimuth would be nowhere near the squad either

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait, Dickwella isn't in the squad but they guy with the strike rate from the nineties is captain? Who hasn't played an ODI for years? They really are that stupid.

mr_mister

Yeah pretty shocked at the Dickwella omission. Even if they plan to use Mendis/Perrera as a part time keeper, Dickwella has to be surely higher up the pecking order in batting than Siriwardena and Thrimanne

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Whatever happened to this guy: Sadeera Samarawickrama
They have preferred Avishka Fernando for the role of 'completely unproven batsman picked on potential'

I don't really like the inclusion of Nuwan Pradeep either, Rajitha probably had a better chance of success, having said that the topic of SL ODI fast bowling belongs in this thread lately so they could have really picked anyone and I would consider it a poor choice

Bahseph

State Captain
Thirimanne again? In what world does he have a better upside than Dickwella or even Chandimal? Read the article on Cricinfo and the thought is that de Silva will do a better job than Dhananjaya with the ball. Something else I can't believe.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Honsetly Jeevan Mendis has come straight out of 2013 into this squad, and Siriwardene from 2016, the selectors have put far too much weight on performances in that little provincial tournament they held as a bit of a playoff.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Thirimanne again? In what world does he have a better upside than Dickwella or even Chandimal? Read the article on Cricinfo and the thought is that de Silva will do a better job than Dhananjaya with the ball. Something else I can't believe.
Thirimanne was actually an ok ODI batsman back in 2013-2015, much better than his test output anyway, but his game is pretty limited and like most of the people in the squad he's only in because of some recent List A runs.

What's even funnier is that selectors reckon DdS turns the ball more. I didn't get to see Akila bowl after the action re-model but damn, he must have lost a lot of zip if that's the case

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll never get rid of Thirimanne. Might as well make peace with it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wtf is this squad? But you know what they played 69d chess and beat SA in SA after making some similarly bonkers looking decisions so hey, who knows, maybe Thirimanne will smash a 50 ball hundred to win them the trophy.

mr_mister

They have preferred Avishka Fernando for the role of 'completely unproven batsman picked on potential'

I don't really like the inclusion of Nuwan Pradeep either, Rajitha probably had a better chance of success, having said that the topic of SL ODI fast bowling belongs in this thread lately so they could have really picked anyone and I would consider it a poor choice
Is Fernando the guy who got important runs in the test series against SA?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, this is a really young upstart who piled on in domestic cricket but didn't get going in the SA ODI series

you're thinking of BOP Fernando, who possibly is a little unlucky, needed some runs in the List A tournament though apparently

Last edited: