• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Squads

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey Guys
these are the pre draft squads, make sure both WCC and 2nd XI managers have copies of these teams, its essential you make sure you always have it on hand as im not sure when we'll get the website updating with the info...
cheers
Si

Attachments

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just i couple questions about the type of players that some of the guys i have been assigned. I don't think i've every seen a scorecard where Jim Troughton has batted at the top of the order his always batted in the middle order. JR Madanagopal i always thought was a middle order batsmen (3-5), i don't think he is a lower order batsmen. Iraan Khan generally opens the batting for his franshise side in South Africa, but his listed as middle order. It probably doesn't make a huge difference but still?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a squad isn't it?
So all the players + those you get in the draft = the squad that both teams are picked from surely?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Simon in Lancashires first class stats, Mongia is listed as having SR of 45 which agrees with the stats from before but he is listed as an economy rate of 3.53 (which is the same as Munir the player below him) when in the updated player stats from before he has an ER of 2.32. Is this a typo? It makes quite a difference.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
cool, just wondering why 2xi managers need a copy of the firstteam.
Because we have set this up so people will work together, yes 1 person has control of the 1st team and the other the 2nd XI but the aim was to have people discussing both squads, Draft picks etc together...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Because we have set this up so people will work together, yes 1 person has control of the 1st team and the other the 2nd XI but the aim was to have people discussing both squads, Draft picks etc together...

ok cool so tell me when i pick my first xi i pick 12 players does that mean he then gets the rest as 2nd xi

Last edited:

Mister Wright

bugssy said:
ok cool so tell me when i pick my first xi i pick 12 players does that mean he then gets the rest as 2nd xi
From what I've been told, the first XI managers pick their XI from the 25 players in the squad and the rest are available to the 2nd XI managers. Not sure if the first XI managers pick 12, that would seem silly given that it is unlikely a player is going to be injured between the naming of squads and simualation.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
Yeah thats correct, We were just hoping people would work together on team selections whether it be 1st or 2nd XI's...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy, I'm just wondering why 2nd XI matches count towards averages? It's a lower standard and people could just put good players in the 2nd XI to boost their average up.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Blewy, I'm just wondering why 2nd XI matches count towards averages? It's a lower standard and people could just put good players in the 2nd XI to boost their average up.
Yes an no, people who put their best players in the 2nd XI will then risk losing games with their 1st team thus leaving themselves open to the sack... It wouldnt be a smart idea...

Mister Wright

Blewy said:
Yes an no, people who put their best players in the 2nd XI will then risk losing games with their 1st team thus leaving themselves open to the sack... It wouldnt be a smart idea...
So you can get the sack for losing games now? You've been talking to John Howard haven't you?...

I think Robertinh has a point. If yourfirst team is out of contention, what is to stop managers from dumping their good players into the 2nd side for them to win the comp?

If we're going to have averages for 2nd XI team, maybe there should be some kind of match minimum that players have to have before they are allowed to play for the 2nds after a certain round and clubs found to have breached this rule their managers face the sack and or loss of competition points/trophies. Managers would have to apply to the board directly to have players play for the 2nd side after the nominated round.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
No actually, I think it is a very smart idea. Who says you need to put all your best players in the 2nd XI for every game? Play a couple in the 2nds every so often, get some big scores, some good bowling spells, give your team a massive boost for next season.

If anything, all it does is make 1st XI games mean less. Not a good idea IMO.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Robertinho said:
No actually, I think it is a very smart idea. Who says you need to put all your best players in the 2nd XI for every game? Play a couple in the 2nds every so often, get some big scores, some good bowling spells, give your team a massive boost for next season.

If anything, all it does is make 1st XI games mean less. Not a good idea IMO.
I can't see any manager who is serious about keeping their 1st XI spot using that tactic and running the risk of losing 1st XI matches and maybe even their job. Really for a significant boost to a players average they have to play the whole the season. One or two games here and there wont achieve much.