• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spin- New Cricket Magazine

Chubb

International Regular
I was wondering if anyone has picked up a copy of the new english cricket magazine Spin.
It's supposed to be mainly marketed at younger people, younger than thirty, and particularly at younger Asians, whereas the Wisden Cricketer is more anglo-centric and broad-based

I think from this first issue that it fulfills that remit pretty well, Imran Khan has a big column and they've got quite a few other big name contributors including Simon Hughes, Graham Gooch, Ian Smith and Bob Woolmer.

I'm not going to cancel my subscription to the Cricketer but it does seem to have potential. Has anyone else read it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yep. First edition only £1.50 so I invested!

I was pretty impressed; a particularly good article on Packer's WSC I thought.

Think I may buy it again. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Will be off into Town on Thursday - will have a look and see if I can find a copy.

Any ideas where to look? WH Smith?

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Will be off into Town on Thursday - will have a look and see if I can find a copy.

Any ideas where to look? WH Smith?
Think that's where i'm going to have a look.

Chubb

International Regular
It's all over the place but I got my copy in WH Smith at Liverpool Street Station. Most newsagents should have it though.