• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sparks With Laser Beams On Their Heads

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1. Andrew Strauss
2. Neil McKenzie
3. Younis Khan
4. Kevin Pieterson
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Chris Read
7. Ian Blackwell
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Sunil Joshi
10.Andre Adams
11. Morne Morkel

12. Virat Kohli
13. Joginder Sharma
14. Andrew Birch

But you've been posting in my Team thread. lol
centurymaker - 1.04

Spark

Global Moderator
Guess the bowling attack is the difference.

Amazed I got Anderson, Bond and Clark as a frontline attack. Would be absolutely deadly IRL.

Spark

Global Moderator
He still hasn't even simmed the FWC, you expect him to go over to another thread and read?

:ph34r:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
The difference is the bowling attack but in reality, Spark's lot would be half dead by mid-season.
Bond wouldn't last more than 3 games. (played < 20 tests in his entire career)
I reckon teh number of games a player plays each year should also be a factor in their performance in long competitions.
I hope prince reads this so that he can rectify his sim for next season.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably is but Bond is still a gun, gun bowler. Would expect him to be the same here.

Besides I have LeeNoffke as a backup.

Flem274*

123/5
Bond will tear up. Over at CPL I have Bond, Taylor, Copeland and Mason at full strength and they're immense.

You're going to need good bowling depth though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But we are not using the same injury sim here ,so Bond could last the whole season too ,as the injuries will be random.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Any chance of using the same injury sim or any other more realistic injury sim?

Would be kind of strange to have a Steyn injured for a long period while bond plays every game.

Spark

Global Moderator
No! :ph34r:

I'll use it if he recommends it (and if he can get it to work on my computer, which if it's custom-made software, is certainly not a given) How big are the CPL squads?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Makes it interesting with realistic more injury prone players and retired ones getting more injuries.Though others get them too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmmm, would probably have to tone it down then. From what I can see players are getting injured left right and centre and most people will probably be fielding only a few extra bowlers, an extra batsman or two and a backup keeper. Don't really want to extend the draft either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmm, would probably have to tone it down then. From what I can see players are getting injured left right and centre and most people will probably be fielding only a few extra bowlers, an extra batsman or two and a backup keeper. Don't really want to extend the draft either.
I could make the injuries less frequent for here if you wanted.

The only thing is, you'd have to enter the names in exactly the same format they are in the files for that simulator or it wouldn't work. For example, if you entered Michael Hussey instead of Mike Hussey; errors galore. It'd be very easy to **** that up from your position. As such I don't think it'd be a great idea.