• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

SeamUp

International Coach
This was last season's leading aggregate domestic run scorers across all 4 comps.

20240418_095009.png

Just aggregate runs this season but 7 players have crossed the 1000 run mark. Probably shows our most versatile and in many ways best batsmen coming through at the moment.

Rickelton 1535
Verreynne 1300
Breetzke 1172
Stubbs 1162
Mulder 1159
J Hermann 1072
Brevis 1062

SeamUp

International Coach
Aaron Phangiso will be playing first division cricket at 40 for Free State next season.

Northern Cape been unlucky not to earn promotion with 2 decent pick-ups in Tian Koekemoer & Stefan Tait from Tuskers. Will be hard to look past them for promotion next season.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Aaron Phangiso will be playing first division cricket at 40 for Free State next season.

Northern Cape been unlucky not to earn promotion with 2 decent pick-ups in Tian Koekemoer & Stefan Tait from Tuskers. Will be hard to look past them for promotion next season.
Any wp news? Also I think there should be only 6 teams in top division or atleast the weaker two ie Boland, staat should be able to loan players, the Titans,lions and wp have players twiddling their thumbs who should be playing div 1 or 2 instead they playing club.

SeamUp

International Coach
Any wp news? Also I think there should be only 6 teams in top division or atleast the weaker two ie Boland, staat should be able to loan players, the Titans,lions and wp have players twiddling their thumbs who should be playing div 1 or 2 instead they playing club.
Nothing particular yet but we know de Zorzi & Burger got a CSA contracts.

Think it's 17 pro contracts & 2+ rookies

Really could do with unearthing some seamers/quicks.

Vallie (does he stay on?)
Moore
Bedingham (is he actually contracted?)
Verreynne
Kaplan (promotion from rookie)
Bird
D Smith
Kitime

Nyaku (I wouldn't keep him)
Mpongwana

Linde
Simmonds
James (rookie)

Parnell (does he stay on?)
Paterson
B Hendricks
Nabe
Bedja (new)

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Boland have signed Grant Roelofsen (Dolphins), Blayde Capell (SWD) & Keith Dudgeon (Tuskers).

Pretty decent to be fair to them.
Wp could of done with Dudgeon, I'd bring prince back from north west like they did with James, need some younger decent pace lions shouldn't be allowed to hoard all the pockets bowlers. Sipimandla and ex wp bowler should spread their wings.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Today's rapport says the Malan brothers have mutually cancelled their contracts with Boland. No word on where they are going.

Correction was later updated to only janneman leaving.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Today's rapport says the Malan brothers have mutually cancelled their contracts with Boland. No word on where they are going.

Correction was later updated to only janneman leaving.
Janneman probably going to Knights but who knows maybe even Titans considering most of the time their Proteas are away.

SeamUp

International Coach
Wp could of done with Dudgeon, I'd bring prince back from north west like they did with James, need some younger decent pace lions shouldn't be allowed to hoard all the pockets bowlers. Sipimandla and ex wp bowler should spread their wings.
WP do need more versatile batsmen.

You could probably say Vallie, Moore, Bedingham, D Smith, Kaplan are all better red ball players than white ball. Mpongwana only showing in 50-overs so far.

WP produce enough of their own to be fine but I would try get Dayyaan Galiem back & hopefully we have a solid AR option to then build around and see if we have any young quicks coming through (Liyema Waqu, Fayyaad Davids, Raeeq Daniels, Tiaan Louw, Waco Bassick etc) otherwise then we might have to recruit a Matthew Boast or Merrick Brett.

SeamUp

International Coach
Lions unsurprisingly beating the Titans tonight and are in the final.

They just have all the bases covered compared to the rest.

Dolphins v Warriors tomorrow in Durban.