• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Tom Flint

International Regular
Mulder has been poor with the bat since he debuted, he did have a fairly long run of games too. He has potential but I can't imagine he would have done any better than the ones there on this tour

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Mulder has been poor with the bat since he debuted, he did have a fairly long run of games too. He has potential but I can't imagine he would have done any better than the ones there on this tour
Mulder at 6 and kyle at 7 and jansen 8, 9 maharaj,10 rabada,11 nortjie more batting depth, mulder has never been given like 10 games in a row 15-20 innings, his bowler has been good and ngidi and nortjie can rotate depending on pitch.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't he play 7 or 8 games in row when he first started. He was bowling well but kept getting out cheaply
No he has never had more than 2 tests in a row. Mostly one test a series. It been pathetic the way he has been treated.

He has problems as a batsmen but that’s always true. Needs the time to gain experience and develop into hopefully a wc allrounder.

Tom Flint

International Regular
In 19 innings he has an average of 14 with hs of 36. Can't really have too many complaints about not getting the all rounder role.
He was decent in the cc this season tho

Tom Flint

International Regular
No he has never had more than 2 tests in a row. Mostly one test a series. It been pathetic the way he has been treated.

He has problems as a batsmen but that’s always true. Needs the time to gain experience and develop into hopefully a wc allrounder.
Oh right apologies I thought he had a little bit of a run of games.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant

I wonder if Gibson did him a disserve by picking at 19 straight out of under 19s?.....