• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Something Stupid

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
ive forgotten who said this to sir viv, but when edged a couple of deliveries, the bowler said to him- "It's round and it's red in color."Next ball (viv richards), hits it for a six that goes and makes its landing outside the stadium, and replies-"u know how it looks, now go find it.":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
p.s. i'm new to the forum

Last edited:

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
another one by viv richards: ( after being called a black b*st*rd)...i'm glad u've observed i'm black, but wat documentational proof do u hav, to be calling me a b*st*rd!

Last edited:

Kimbo

International Debutant
Was playing in an age group tournament in Palmerston North and there had been quite a few dot balls, and we were playing a 30 over match. The keeper said "Kim, what do they say happens after 13 dot balls?"
Me: "A wicket"
Cover: "whats that? test match cricket?"
Me: "no ... a WICKET"
Cover: "test match cricket?"
Me: "No a wicket... after 13 dot balls you get a wicket"

Next ball the batsman caned the ball through midwicket for four... and stepped on her stumps!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funny Cricketing Moments

Apparently this happened in a Tour Match in SA:

Merv Hughes had just come back from a knee operation and was bowling one fo his first spells. Cronje was at the non-strikers end and I can't remember exactly who was facing, but Merv has come steaming in, delivered the ball, and then collapsed on the ground in a screaming heap. All the players raced over an gathered around him to see if he was ok, and after a few seconds Merv let out a massive fart, causing everyone to collapse into fits of laughter, and then happily jumped up and marched back to the top of his mark. The batsman was quoted as saying that he's glad Merv's next one wasn't on the stumps as he was laughing that hard he couldn't have hit it, and Cronje said there was no way he could have completed a run.

deeps

International 12th Man
Anna said:
I heard this ages ago and thought you'd all like to hear it.

In a match between Aus. and Zimbabwe, Glenn McGrath was bowling to Daniel Vettori. After his follow-through, McGrath said to him "Why are you so fat?". After his next delivery, Vettori replied "Well, every time I sleep with your wife she gives me a biscuit!". Adam Gilchrist, who was listening to all this from behind the stumps, was then seen rolling around on his back in a fit of giggles:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That just proves that the Aussies' sledging does backfire (occasionally!)!

considering it was "aus vs zimbabwe" and mcgrath bowling to vettori,who happens to play for new zealand........ :dry: :sleep:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Son Of Coco said:
Apparently this happened in a Tour Match in SA:

Merv Hughes had just come back from a knee operation and was bowling one fo his first spells. Cronje was at the non-strikers end and I can't remember exactly who was facing, but Merv has come steaming in, delivered the ball, and then collapsed on the ground in a screaming heap. All the players raced over an gathered around him to see if he was ok, and after a few seconds Merv let out a massive fart, causing everyone to collapse into fits of laughter, and then happily jumped up and marched back to the top of his mark. The batsman was quoted as saying that he's glad Merv's next one wasn't on the stumps as he was laughing that hard he couldn't have hit it, and Cronje said there was no way he could have completed a run.
haha thats disgusting!! good ole merv...

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Kimbo said:
Was playing in an age group tournament in Palmerston North and there had been quite a few dot balls, and we were playing a 30 over match. The keeper said "Kim, what do they say happens after 13 dot balls?"
Me: "A wicket"
Cover: "whats that? test match cricket?"
Me: "no ... a WICKET"
Cover: "test match cricket?"
Me: "No a wicket... after 13 dot balls you get a wicket"

Next ball the batsman caned the ball through midwicket for four... and stepped on her stumps!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't tell me the Keeper was Little G (jenette) from ND. Cause she is the most annoying keeper.