• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some Steve Smith question

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Smith score 320 in his next 6 to get to 1000 runs in 10 innings? Well he get past Edrich's 1100 odd? How does this run compare to Weekes's 5 centuries in a row? Will he go past Tendulkar's 51 centuries?

Gob

International Coach
Will Smith score 320 in his next 6 to get to 1000 runs in 10 innings? Well he get past Edrich's 1100 odd? How does this run compare to Weekes's 5 centuries in a row? Will he go past Tendulkar's 51 centuries?
will-smith-9542165-1-402.jpg

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I don't think I've ever watched a batsman who appeared less likely to go out. Ever.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Will Smith score 320 in his next 6 to get to 1000 runs in 10 innings? Well he get past Edrich's 1100 odd?
Are you just making stuff up now? Smith does not have 680 runs in last 4 innings and I can find no record of Edrich scoring "1100 odd" in 10 test innings? Might as well just close the thread ;)

trundler

Yeah, my bad. Will he tho
Already admitted it was a mistake. I was half dead when I wrote the OP. I can recall reading that stat wrt Edrich with some certainty and I'll let someone who's good with stats correct me if I'm wrong.

Red

Peak Chanderpaul, maybe, though his strike rate was in the 30/40s. Smith looks impervious but scores freely.
When you watch Smith doing this, it makes you wonder what England must have thought of Bradman, who was even a level above this. Psychologically, it must have been a nightmare for them.

TheJediBrah

When you watch Smith doing this, it makes you wonder what England must have thought of Bradman, who was even a level above this. Psychologically, it must have been a nightmare for them.
Excuses bodyline? Psychological distress is a decent excuse

I wonder if we can come up with something like that for underarm

Maybe Greg Chappell had a scary dream the previous night

Red

Excuses bodyline? Psychological distress is a decent excuse

I wonder if we can come up with something like that for underarm

Maybe Greg Chappell had a scary dream the previous night
Chappell claims that was because of burnout. Was a pathetic act whatever drove it.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Makes one wonder why they didn't try bodyline earlier.

Burgey

Chappell claims that was because of burnout. Was a pathetic act whatever drove it.
Completely within his rights to do it. Well within the laws as they stood at that time. if he'd been born in Mumbai and wore a Harlequin cap or did a psych degree at Oxbridge, he'd have been lauded a genius for doing it.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
From 2014 onwards, Smith is averaging 75.64 in 51 tests, which is one away from the famous Bradman's 52-test benchmark/peak that Cricinfo used a while back.
To think that Bradman was averaging almost another 25+ on top of what Smith has done in the last 5 years is pretty mad.

aussie tragic

International Captain
From 2014 onwards, Smith is averaging 75.64 in 51 tests, which is one away from the famous Bradman's 52-test benchmark/peak that Cricinfo used a while back.
To think that Bradman was averaging almost another 25+ on top of what Smith has done in the last 5 years is pretty mad.
If you take out Bradman's first test (18 ,9) after which he got dropped, and his last test where he got his famous duck due to a tear in his eye hiding the ball, he has a 50 test peak of 6967 runs at 103.99...a much more fitting average :)

TheJediBrah

If you take out Bradman's first test (18 ,9) after which he got dropped, and his last test where he got his famous duck due to a tear in his eye hiding the ball, he has a 50 test peak of 6967 runs at 103.99...a much more fitting average :)
lmfao are we still running with that?

trundler

Reminds me of the Holding was a runner for Jamaica myth. Cozier started that one, didn't he?