• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Great Birtannia said:
When I was following the UEFA cup the other night he wasn't in Wisla Krakow's squad but he has definitely moved there and was playing in the pre-season matches. It will take a while to get up to match fitness when you haven't played competitively for 9 months, those Romanians sure can be vindictive.

Hopefully he kicks on as he is one of the better defensive prospects around with Beauchamp, Milligan and Leijer.
Aparently the Romanians won't release his papers as they still consider him their player :blink: . UEFA to make a ruleing this week...

ash chaulk

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
That's really good value actually. Costs me £10 to go to see Cambridge City who're in the Conference South (5 divisions below Prem).
it was 10 pound for me last year to watch oxford play in div3

Craig

World Traveller
Great Birtannia said:
When I was following the UEFA cup the other night he wasn't in Wisla Krakow's squad but he has definitely moved there and was playing in the pre-season matches. It will take a while to get up to match fitness when you haven't played competitively for 9 months, those Romanians sure can be vindictive.

Hopefully he kicks on as he is one of the better defensive prospects around with Beauchamp, Milligan and Leijer.
Didn't he get banished to the Romianian 3rd division in January? And but that I mean I don't think he had a say in the matter. :mellow:

Wish they had thatin England for example, so if Ashley Cole or any other player is being naughty or trying to tap up a move to another club they can get banished to the Ryman Premier for example :laugh:

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Craig said:
Didn't he get banished to the Romianian 3rd division in January? And but that I mean I don't think he had a say in the matter. :mellow:
Not too mention 6am training starts on their outside facilities in the middle of the Romanian winter :-O

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Craig said:

Wish they had thatin England for example, so if Ashley Cole or any other player is being naughty or trying to tap up a move to another club they can get banished to the Ryman Premier for example :laugh:
When he wasn't going to resign to that team, they turned around and tried to sell him to another Romanian side, after he had already sign a bosman contract with Wisla. Kudos to him for not giving in to the bulling imo

Cloete

International Captain
Sad to see O'Neill turning down the extended contract offer.

I have full faith in Lowy though. He'll get the right man for the job.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
SOCCEROOS SQUAD TO PLAY KUWAIT:

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=74626

John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Michael Beauchamp (FC Nurnberg, Germany), Jacob Burns (TS Wisla Krakow, Poland), Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Ante Covic (Hammarby, Sweden), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven, Holland), Ahmad Elrich (Fulham, England), Ryan Griffiths (AFC Rapid Bucuresti, Romania), Brett Holman (NEC Nijmegen, Holland), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leicester City, England), Scott McDonald (Motherwell, Scotland), Jonathan McKain (FC Politechnica AEK Timisoara, Romania), Ljubo Milicevic (BSC Young Boys, Switzerland), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Josip Skoko (Wigan Athletic, England), Mile Sterjovski (FC Basel, Switzerland), Nick Ward (Queens Park Rangers, England), Luke Wilkshire (FC Twente, Holland)

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
We have upgraded from a third strength side to a second strength side for this one with a couple of senior players included.

Schwarzer (c)
Kisnorbo Beauchamp Milicevic Chipperfield
Sterjovski Skoko Culina Elrich
Aloisi Holman

I tell you what, the likes of Travis Dodd, who played well in the A-League match would be annoyed to lose his spot to Ryan Griffiths plying his trade in Romania. Pretty ordinary IMO.

Hopefully Ward gets a run out at some stage.

ash chaulk

International Captain
you cant be serious that they are going to use that squad against kuwait in a tournament we've already qualified for.... but good to see nick ward made the squad and so he should

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
It's quite sad when an 18 man squad is drawn from 9 different countries (England, Spain, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Scotland, Romania, Sweden and Poland) and there is not a single player taken from the nation's own league.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think has been done deliberately, it clashes with the A League matches apparently...

im pretty happy with that squad though, im quite surprised that Schwarzer has been called up, still id like to see Covic given a chance to see if hes actually any good.

id like to see these players start
Covic
Beauchamp - Miliciveic - Kisnorbo
Ward - Culina - Wilkshire - Ward - Chipperfield
Holman - McDonald

Cloete

International Captain
Elrich is ****...

Carney + Dood > Elrich.

My team:

Schwarzer (C)
Kisnorbo Beauchamp Milcevic Chipperfield