• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So why are you a bulls fan?

Kayson111

Cricket Spectator
Just curious as we seem to have an active fanbase online for a team that has only been places in a small window of their existence. Really curious about fans born after 1990 because you might remember the second three peat but you for sure have no memory of watching the first one.

I grew up equally away from both Dallas and Chicago, was born in the 80s and the Bulls were the only regular team on cable for me with WGN. Honestly if I had grown up in a state with a team like NC I'd probably be worse off and be a hornets/bobcat fan.

Had I grown up in Montana or somewhere like that I might be a Sonics fan then and a Thunder fan now.

For those born in Chicago or close enough to it. Would you be a fan of any other team if you had grown up elsewhere in proximity to another team, or if you were born say in Montana?

Just curious as to why people ride with this franchise still, especially if you aint old enough to remember the good times because you dont have anything else to hang your hat on.

Growing up equally away from Dallas they were the nfl team always on TV so while I had the chiefs I chose them, call me a bandwagon kid all you want. But with both the Bulls and Cowboys I have not fallen off. Now will the bulls sucking and the game going softer and softer I have floated more and more away from the NBA but I still ride with the Bulls. Its how I am made. I mean I still ride with the Cowboys and thats been 25 years of Jerry causing them not to win.

For those rocking with them because of the city and/or state, proximity do you ever wish you could have been born somewhere else. Still having the same family, lovers, friends, life...better or not. So you could have grown up a fan of literally any other team or would you still prefer the way things have turned out regarding the Bulls and your fandom.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How many professional teams are called the Bulls? 10?

There's at least two rugby league sides as well as the mentioned Union team and the Queensland cricket team, probably loads of them in soccer too.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
How many professional teams are called the Bulls? 10?

There's at least two rugby league sides as well as the mentioned Union team and the Queensland cricket team, probably loads of them in soccer too.
Lots of Red Bull teams, if they count (they don't have any fans tho)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't honestly think of any association football teams nicknamed "The Bulls".

My mind immediately goes to the Bradford Bulls, before the old fart in me remembers they were Bradford Northern long before that.