• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon's season 7 predicitons

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anyone else can join in the predicitions if they want, but these are mine for the upcoming season, obviously a lot will be related to my team...

* ND will win over at least 16 FC games and at least 12 OD games...
* ACT will suffer their worst finish ever and come bottom 6 in FC, but come top 3 in OD...
* TN will finish top 2 in both forms...
* S Pollard (Hampshire) will score more runs than anyone in FC this season...
* More than 3 bowlers will take over 100 FC wickets and someone will take more than 60 OD wickets...
* I Underwood (Leics) will have his worst season in OD and average under 45...
* B Marshall (ACT) will stamp himself as one of the premier all rounders with a great season with bat and ball...
* Everyone will hope Warwickshire lose every game they play...
* Karachi are in for a long season in FC and will win less than 8 games...
* Yorkshire will do even less and win under 12 games in total (FC and OD)
* Guyana will again do well but miss out on FC promotion...
* A Holland (TN) will average under 50 in both forms...
* S Yashpal (ND) will score 8+ FC centuries...
* Colts will come last in FC div 4 but will win OD div 1...

I think that will do for now...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
"* Everyone will hope Warwickshire lose every game they play..."

You've got one right ;)

* Surrey for OD promotion

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
* More than 3 bowlers will take over 100 FC wickets and someone will take more than 60 OD wickets...
One of those 3 will be B Marshall(ACT)

Simon

Blewy said:
One of those 3 will be B Marshall(ACT)
theres quite a few likely ones, my tips
H Jenkins (WA), S Harwood (Vics), N Hollins (Hamps), B Marshall (ACT), U Sammels (TN), O Snow (Kent), B Guy (Leics) and Q Moore (NSW)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
theres quite a few likely ones, my tips
H Jenkins (WA), S Harwood (Vics), N Hollins (Hamps), B Marshall (ACT), U Sammels (TN), O Snow (Kent), B Guy (Leics) and Q Moore (NSW)
don't count out a young Murali Mudugalle, should ripe through some average Divison 4 line ups. I can't see any of the Colts OD bowlers taking 60 wickets, as they will take too many wickets away from each other. My prediction is that three of them will take 40-50 wickets.

Simon

chaminda_00 said:
don't count out a young Murali Mudugalle, should ripe through some average Divison 4 line ups. I can't see any of the Colts OD bowlers taking 60 wickets, as they will take too many wickets away from each other. My prediction is that three of them will take 40-50 wickets.
basically every side has one stand out bowler that could take 100 wickets, but theres no fun in naming 40 players then looking back in 4 months time and thinking im a genius...

cometer

State Regular
I would agree with most of Simon's. Dont like the sounds of Underwood averaging less than 45 though :@ but it wouldnt surprise me. A few of my own predictions not already mentioned.

* Leicestershire to finish middle of the table in FC.
* There will be 3 hatricks this season going to different sides.
* ND to break the drought of below par seasons and gain a chance at promotion.
* The side with the least wins, Galle.
* B Guy to be the leading wicket taker for Leics, C Vaughan leading run scorer in FC for Leics, R Piggott leading run scorer in OD for Leics.
* Jadhav (TN) for most FC runs for the season.

Thats about all my predictions for the upcoming season.

nibbs

International Captain
simon's predictions were nothing short of gutless imo. and i have faith that not everyone feels that way tbh, meaning the prediction is presumably wrong... :happy: :happy: :happy:

Simon

nibbs said:
simon's predictions were nothing short of gutless imo. and i have faith that not everyone feels that way tbh, meaning the prediction is presumably wrong... :happy: :happy: :happy:
you'd be surprised...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
here is another prediction

q moore or i bloom will be the leading wicket taker for the season, but nsw will win fc this year and get promoted.

after the friendlys i just played against nd on there deck i um would like to change this prediction lol....

i am astonished at how much the pitch conditions played a part in this... big suprise.......

Last edited:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Just a couple of predictions...

- Warwicks will finish at least 2nd in D1
- TN will finish outside the top 3 in FC, but win OD
- ND will get promoted
- NSW will fail again
- Somerset will win most FC games and most OD games...
- Guyana will fulfill their promise, finally

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
-ND to place better than Mashonaland in OD's, but we'll still win at least one game against them
-Q Oulton to top the average list for Mashonaland

That's all I've got cause I'm off to bed

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
Everyone will hope Warwickshire lose every game they play...
/QUOTE]

to be honest your predictions are already wrong so don't see any real reason to trust you on any of the others...

I hope Warwickshire are the second best side in WCC... go Warwicks...

I was going to make predictions but after my shocking pre-season form I've decided not to.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
M.Sami has got around 60 wickets each season for the past 3 and thats with 10 games. So with 20 games in a season id say over 100 would be a fair assumption. S Harwood should also be in for a good year with the ball. As the two go head to head for the title of WCC leading wickets taker. (Overall Career).

As for other predictions im not saying much because people will just bite back. But simon i think u under estimate my FC team. Two out of Threee seasons my FC team has finished with the most points out of any team. Hopefully we can prove some people rong and do well.