• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Siddle VS Kasprowicz

Xuhaib

International Coach
Two of the most under appreciated pacers from Aussie land. I enjoyed watching them both.

So who was better?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Always thought it was weird that when NZ toured Oz in 2011 Siddle was frequently clocking 150kph even though he never got anywhere near that every other time I’ve watched him. Just read in Ross Taylor’s biography that he had a chat with one of the channel 9 technical guys who told him that the speed guns came up with 6 different estimates of the speed, and that while they’d usually go with the median if a bowler was taking wickets they’d chuck in the highest speed reading. also explains why Southee was clocking mid-140’s during that 4th innings collapse at Hobart.

Flem274*

123/5
Always thought it was weird that when NZ toured Oz in 2011 Siddle was frequently clocking 150kph even though he never got anywhere near that every other time I’ve watched him. Just read in Ross Taylor’s biography that he had a chat with one of the channel 9 technical guys who told him that the speed guns came up with 6 different estimates of the speed, and that while they’d usually go with the median if a bowler was taking wickets they’d chuck in the highest speed reading. also explains why Southee was clocking mid-140’s during that 4th innings collapse at Hobart.
yeah saw that. confirms my theory about perth t20s as well, with every **** bowling 155+ and nearing 160.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No expert, but would've guessed Kasper's surname being of Polish origin.

As to the question at hand: tricky. Both the kind of bowlers who define the "will run in all day" cliche, but always felt Kasper did a little more with the ball through the air.

He was awesome in the 2nd innings at The Oval in 97, taking 7 for not many, leaving the visitors to chase ~120 for the win, but Tuffers and Candy Addick ran through them like the proverbial dose of salts, meaning we won by about ten runs, somewhat overshadowing Kasper's efforts.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Siddle definitely could bowl that quick not so sure about 94 but easy 90 in tests in younger days. Not doubting the ones in big bash just bringing up that I saw the speedo just a couple years ago

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah was Siddle ever the leader of the bowling attack? Kasper led the bowling in the India series quite well though they lost.
Actually if anything Siddle was the leader of the attack more than Kasper was, but that's just because the rest of the attack was garbage when Siddle played (other than brief moments of Harris being fit and Johnson firing).

Kasper was better though

Xuhaib

International Coach
Most people going for Kapro BTW Siddle averages a good 2 runs lower then Kasper with almost double the test wickets.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually if anything Siddle was the leader of the attack more than Kasper was, but that's just because the rest of the attack was garbage when Siddle played (other than brief moments of Harris being fit and Johnson firing).

Kasper was better though
Yeah now I remember. Think he led for a while when Hilfenhaus Bollinger etc played. Still always gives a feel of a third bowler to me.