• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Teenage International Cricketers be Allowed?

Coronis

International Coach
Certainly didn't expect to see Jack bloody Smith of all people mentioned here on CW

Honestly pay drivers have been a thing in motorsport for almost as long as motorsport has existed, it's not ideal, but if the alternative is ever shrinking grid sizes I find it hard to get too bothered by a few rich kids running around at the back of the field
Well the main reason it pisses me off is an actual talented young driver (e.g Golding) not having a seat but Smith running around a second slower than everyone. (very happy Golding got another break last year)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the main reason it pisses me off is an actual talented young driver (e.g Golding) not having a seat but Smith running around a second slower than everyone. (very happy Golding got another break last year)
I am 100% with you on that one, that's for sure

Howsie

International Captain
Kane Williamson’s parents stopped him from making his first class debut a few months after his 15th birthday. ND were ready to pick him but they thought the amount of media attention a 15 year old would get in New Zealand playing professionally wouldn’t be good for him.

I would hazard a guess not many parents anywhere would step in there

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Aslong as the support system is great I don't see a problem with it ..Some kids are just amazing and shouldn't be held back .