• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Brendon McCullum Be Deported from the Southern Hemisphere If England's Improved Test Match Efforts Prove To Be More Than a Flash in the Pan?

If England Wins The Ashes, Should Brendon McCullum Be Deported From the Southern Hemisphere?

• Total voters

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the thing with rahrah here is that it's got a very very small but very very dedicated following

those crowds you see at wobblies games are probably seventy percent of the country's entire rahrah watchers
It's an awful game. At it's best, it's almost watchable. At it's worst, a complete mess.

But I digress. This thread is about far more important matters.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Kinda depends on how insufferable the English media are at the time. Hated Aussies success during the 00's, but couldn't help but desperately hope for Warne to put the English in their place during the 05 Ashes.
I find the perception of the English media from outside England really interesting. They definitely can get a bit carried away but my view is they spend a LOT more time trying to knock down any half-decent sporting outfit than they do bigging them up

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I find the perception of the English media from outside England really interesting. They definitely can get a bit carried away but my view is they spend a LOT more time trying to knock down any half-decent sporting outfit than they do bigging them up
i think this comes from the perception that many of the stories tearing them down also start from the premise that there's a god given right that England's team *should* be the best in every sport they put out on the park and it's only <insert particular bug-bear of grizzled journalist> that prevents this.

might also be true for Australian media, but a) at least they've got a few sports where that's actually true :ph34r: and b) it doesn't spread as far and as quickly as the UK stuff does

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i think this comes from the perception that many of the stories tearing them down also start from the premise that there's a god given right that England's team *should* be the best in every sport they put out on the park and it's only <insert particular bug-bear of grizzled journalist> that prevents this.

might also be true for Australian media, but a) at least they've got a few sports where that's actually true :ph34r: and b) it doesn't spread as far and as quickly as the UK stuff does
Yeah this is definitely true in Australia as well. In fact I think it's worse, but people outside Australia tend to pay less attention to it.