• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne's return

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
It's the old 'loving furious_ged / vengeful furious_ged' thing.

Footnote : that probably only makes sense to me. The first time I saw his signature I thought that it was 'furious god'.
Interesting... so did I.
And I had my contacts in when I looked, too...

Maybe you need new contacts, Richie mate. It's never been furious_god lol.

Tact is overdone, Rik. Shane Warne isn't retiring from ODIs, which is what I was pointing out in agreeance with Linda. I don't know where Mister Wrong got the notion that I was talking about the calendar.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Has no one else noticed that Mister Wright said Warne was RETIRING from ODI's? Thats what we were talking about in the first place... It was nothing to do with the calendar. Is everyone ignoring that or just ganging up on furious_ged, hmmm?

:rolleyes:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
Has no one else noticed that Mister Wright said Warne was RETIRING from ODI's? Thats what we were talking about in the first place... It was nothing to do with the calendar. Is everyone ignoring that or just ganging up on furious_ged, hmmm?

:rolleyes:
Both are being silly and pedantic (settling in well here).

Once an argument degenerates into slanging and gainsaying as this one has done, the original reason for the conflict becomes clouded.

Andre

International Regular
Actually, you will find Warne HAS officially retired from ODI's - the whole reason he took the tablets in the first place.

He wanted to look good for that very press conference.

Also, he has not officially reversed his decision as of yet, although he has spoken of the possiblity of playing ODI's again.

So as it turns out, Mr. Wright is exactly that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
furious_ged said:
Sounds to me like if Warney is in ODI purgatory then neither one of us is wright.
Wright? Surely that doesn't need a "W"...

Sorry, I just have a low tolerance for ignorance ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Wright? Surely that doesn't need a "W"...

Sorry, I just have a low tolerance for ignorance ;)
D'oh.

Neil opens mouth to change feet.

Marc was being really clever - the argument originally started between furious_god (sic) and Mister_Wright before one or two of us, er, warmed our hands.

Either that or it was a lucky typo.