• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane and Simone split

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratyush said:
According to you Shane Warne is a professional and is prepared for the personal tragedy because he is Australian and thus you concusively say it wont affect his performances much. Just because he is or he is not Australian does not show us how prepared he was for all this.

Regarding professionalisms, if you think the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, Kumble, Laxman are less professional than the Australians, you are sadly underestimating the work ethic and merits of your own team.
I think you have misunderstood what I was trying to say there. I think the current INdian players are as professional as most around the world. It is just that, to an average Indian, such a thing can cause a lot of emotional damage than the average Aussie or American. I think it is because of our different cultures. I am not saying one is better than the other, but just pointing out the difference.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
honestbharani said:
I think you have misunderstood what I was trying to say there. I think the current INdian players are as professional as most around the world. It is just that, to an average Indian, such a thing can cause a lot of emotional damage than the average Aussie or American. I think it is because of our different cultures. I am not saying one is better than the other, but just pointing out the difference.
Even though divorces are much more frequent abroad than in India and we are indeed very different cultures every where, I think a divorce from some one you love is not country specific and can be very shattering for any one, the country or culture isnt a vital factor.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratyush said:
Even though divorces are much more frequent abroad than in India and we are indeed very different cultures every where, I think a divorce from some one you love is not country specific and can be very shattering for any one, the country or culture isnt a vital factor.
I guess. That was why I said I hope it doesn't impact his performances too much. But still, that was just a general comment and I guess Warne could very well be rather badly affected by this seperation, but I just said I hope he gets out of it pretty soon, for his own good and so that we can watch some quality leg spin bowling.

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
Are you serious?
Yes I am because I didn't see the article, so it is a valid question how many were asked.

Be it be 3, 5, or 6 still I would like to know.

8-)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Yes I am because I didn't see the article, so it is a valid question how many were asked.

Be it be 3, 5, or 6 still I would like to know.

8-)
That's because it was a joke - and wasn't an article. I didn't really believe that anyone would think I was serious.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
That's because it was a joke - and wasn't an article. I didn't really believe that anyone would think I was serious.
I think Pratyush will need some help to be lifted out of the sarchasm.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
shaka said:
yeh, Yahoo Australia has a report they were seen together looking like they are back together.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/050613/2/uowg.html
Good on them for sorting out their differences.
Now could we please leave them alone and close this thread please ? (I know I am not a moderator but someone's personal life is not a discussion on cricket (ie Cricket Chat) , but more a Gossip Chat .)

I personally could't care what Warne's private life was, as long as he was a Champion Spinner and didn't bring his personal life to his work (ie Cricket) !!

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
JASON said:
Good on them for soughting out their differences.
Now could we please leave them alone and close this thread please ? (I know I am not a moderator but someone's personal life is not a discussion on cricket (ie Cricket Chat) , but more a Gossip Chat .)

I personally could't care what Warne's private life was, as long as he was a Champion Spinner and didn't bring his personal life to his work (ie Cricket) !!
8-) Get off your high horse mate. It's a little bit more than a simple argument between a couple- in which case, you're right, it wouldnt be a legitimate matter for public discussion. In this case, when a player's behaviour is - in SEVERAL instances - so far out of bounds, that it arguably brings the game of cricket in Australia into disrepute, then it is a legitimate matter for public discussion.

Scallywag

Banned
howardj said:
8-) Get off your high horse mate. It's a little bit more than a simple argument between a couple- in which case, you're right, it wouldnt be a legitimate matter for public discussion. In this case, when a player's behaviour is - in SEVERAL instances - so far out of bounds, that it arguably brings the game of cricket in Australia into disrepute, then it is a legitimate matter for public discussion.
How on earth does Warnes marriage bring the game of cricket in Australia into disrepute.

Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own.

howardj

International Coach
Scallywag said:
How on earth does Warnes marriage bring the game of cricket in Australia into disrepute.

Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own.
8-)

Put your brain back in.

I was referring to his antics bringing the game into disrepute.

Scallywag

Banned
howardj said:
8-)

Put your brain back in.

I was referring to his antics bringing the game into disrepute.
Like I said "Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own." nothing at all to do with cricket.

howardj

International Coach
Scallywag said:
Like I said "Its tabliod stuff for sad lonely people with no life of their own." nothing at all to do with cricket.
And, as I said, when your conduct off the field, is so poor that it sullies the image of the game in Australia, it is a matter of legitimate public interest - as acknowledged by the players themselves in their own Spirit of Cricket document that they drafted.