• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Series Predictions Thread

Molehill

International Captain
Three sessions now. Though mightn't count the day 2 five minute delay.

I should have gone much higher than six, that was a bit of wishful thinking.
I don't think you can include that first session on Day 2 when for the first time in **** knows when a full 90 overs were bowled in the day.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Winner and scoreline: Australia 3-1
Most runs for each: Labuschagne and Root
Most wickets for each: Boland and Anderson
Compton-Miller Medal: Labuschagne
Biggest welcome surprise for each: Neser for Australia. No one does anything overly unexpected for England
Biggest failure for each: Travis Head for Australia. The whole England team just generally underwhelms with no one standing out as an obvious scapegoat
Players called up/debuted: Neser(?)
Players dropped: Head and Starc
Random/free choice: Bazball kinda blows up in England's face. Something along the lines of a match that could have played out as a draw ends up as a loss because of England trying to force a win and falling on their faces
Number of sessions affected by rain: 9
andruid picked the firstday dec

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I don't think you should count the five minutes. They still did a full length session

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure how to count the change in times for the other two, but up to 4 sessions affected.

I can't believe I didn't go with my original thought of twelve. Bit of an idiot.

Molehill

International Captain
Not sure how to count the change in times for the other two, but up to 4 sessions affected.

I can't believe I didn't go with my original thought of twelve. Bit of an idiot.
I'd go with 3 sessions from that Test. Two on Day 3 and one on Day 5. On the Final Day, 67 overs could have been bowled if it had gone to the wire and the weather would certainly have allowed that to happen.

Molehill

International Captain
So the correct answers for these:

Winner and scoreline: 2-2
Most runs for each: Crawley, Khawaja
Most wickets for each: Broad, Starc
Compton-Miller Medal: Woakes/Starc (I presume this is effectively POTS)
Biggest welcome surprise for each: Woakes/Crawley, Starc/Marsh (a few here from both sides)
Biggest failure for each: Anderson (too easy), Boland (you could make cases for a few here to be honest)
Players called up/debuted: Tongue, Murphy, Marsh (you could argue Woakes/Wood too but they were always likely to play at some point)
Players dropped: Anderson, Boland, Green
Random/free choice: Whatever anyone said here, I suspect the truth ended up being far more random
Number of sessions affected by rain: Haven't got a clue, ****ing loads

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Woakes got the Compton-Miller - that’s the overall MOTS

Also does Robinson need adding to dropped?

Molehill

International Captain
Robinson probably dropped. But you could argue it was injury that cost him his place and then the form of Woakes/Wood prevented his return (even if he should've played The Oval ahead of Anderson).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Winner and scoreline: England 5-0 - Morally correct
Most runs for each: Root, Extras - Root was 2nd. Decent effort from Extras for both sides tbf
Most wickets for each: Anderson, Smith (handful of declaration wickets) - No comment
Compton-Miller Medal: Root - LV Insurance Player of the Summer, close enough
Biggest welcome surprise for each: Crawley, Extras - Yes to Crawley and yes to Extras - the Broad no-ball bowling of Khawaja clearly won them that match
Biggest failure for each: Bairstow - will only strike around 95 leading to questions. All of the Aussies - Bairstow not the worst shout at least at first, All of the Aussies - absolutely
Players called up/debuted: NA, Burgey gets the call when things get desperate - Burgey would have been an improvement on Boland tbf
Players dropped: NA, all - Oh well
Random/free choice: Burgey to accept the defeat with humble grace, admitting Australia have been pulverised by a far superior outfit and it makes him long to be English - He actually Whatsapped me last night basically declaring us the moral victors and best team in the world now
Number of sessions affected by rain: 6 - Close if just talking about Old Trafford

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Winner and scoreline: England 3-1 - Got the number of draws correct
Most runs for each: Root, Khawaja Root - close, Khawaja, yep. Man I'm good at this.
Most wickets for each: Robinson, Cummins Oh.
Compton-Miller Medal: Robinson I am not good at this.
Biggest welcome surprise for each: Crawley to average >30, Head Yes to Crawley, Head wasn't bad.
Biggest failure for each: Duckett, Carey Don't think I can claim Duckett. Carey's series was pretty bad after a bright start
Players called up/debuted: Nesser to get games. Don't think there will be many changes though unless there are injuries No.
Players dropped: Duckett, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes, Bairstow, Robinson, Broad, Leach, Anderson Told you Crawley would do well
Random/free choice: Pope to captain one Test due to a Stokes injury. And loose it. Well one of these missed Tests due to injury...
Number of sessions affected by rain: 9 Missed a digit off of this.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Winner and scoreline: 3-2 aus - off by one
Most runs for each: Smith - Brook - nope lol
Most wickets for each: Cummins - Robinson - nope lol
Compton-Miller Medal: i don't know what this is and i don't care - yes
Biggest welcome surprise for each: Stokes will bowl a few overs. Starc will be dropped by 3rd test - nope lol
Biggest failure for each: Starc - Anderson - partially right yay!
Players dropped: Starc - Crawley - very wrong lol
Random/free choice: Green will score at least two tons - nope lol