• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I far prefer watching cricket when New Zealand aren't involved, means I don't get to upset when the game is decided. But this is just weak.

GGG

State Captain
It is heartbreaking, after promising so much and just collapsing into a heap when it counts.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Just got home after 8 wickets falling.

At least there were a few good jokes about McMillan "pulling" a stomach muscle. We did suspect that he faked his injury so he could get in line first for lunch.

In any case Sri Lanka are a class side and MUCH better than us - can't argue with this result. I think our boys panicked and choked today - our bowling was poor and our fielding was nervous. Our ground fielding was indicative of a side who were definately anxious and nervous - Fleming has talked about this before and the problems we have performing in the real big games. We have lost to Aus and Sri Lanka X2 by big margins and quite clearly are not up to it after all the bullish talk, talk can't mask our traditional weaknesses.

Congrats to Sri Lanka - I hope you win the WC so it makes us looks a little better :)

Perm

well, its still miles better than the Pakistani performance(s).... :p
True, but you guys knew that you had some problems. We were confident that we could go all the way.

Guess we can start blaming it on injuries, we would've been so much better if Vincent and Mills were there, Styris didn't have a finger injury, McMillan's stomach was fine and Bond didn't get the flu.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
If Oram did not walk I think the third umpire would have ruled in his favour.

It looked like it did hit the ground but the way Murali celebrated you'd hope that the camera angle was incoclusive

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Torn between crediting SL with great performance and criticising NZ for a particularly horrible one - the latter never remotely looked like it from ball 1 of their innings

On a side note, I wish they'd stop showing Murali's action in slo-mo - it's the most cringeworthy sight in cricket
Amen.

Perm

If Oram did not walk I think the third umpire would have ruled in his favour.

It looked like it did hit the ground but the way Murali celebrated you'd hope that the camera angle was incoclusive
I didn't have any problem with Muralitharan's catch. I trust him as a cricketer, he seems like one of the more honest ones going arond and I felt that the catch was taken fairly.

Natman20

International Debutant
I like watching the world cup because you get a good perspective of other teams from a nuetral perspective. It is just unfortunate that our team was in it lol :laugh:

Perm

The sooner he retires the better imo. Have always had an opinion on his action but question his sportsmanship now
Fair enough, personally I didn't see much wrong with the catch although I have always questioned his action, but let's not open a can of warms there.

Natman20

International Debutant
I was thinking of why Patel wasn't ahead of Bond in the batting order. Patel is not ussually last out in domestic cricket and Bond generally is quite close to it most of the time. Bond can't score that well.

_Ed_

I didn't have any problem with Muralitharan's catch. I trust him as a cricketer, he seems like one of the more honest ones going arond and I felt that the catch was taken fairly.
I used to really trust Murali too, but now I'm not so sure and I really do believe that ball hit the ground. Maybe it's just the tiredness and extreme disappointment with NZ though.

Burgey

The sooner he retires the better imo. Have always had an opinion on his action but question his sportsmanship now
I'm not so sure re. his sportsmanship tbh - often players will think that they've caught a ball but it might have bounced just in front. As for the other issue, it's been done to death but if that's 15 degrees, they need to buy some new protractors. Still, if they let him play, it's not his fault and he should be applauded for what he has done. If the officials say he's kosher then he can't do any more than just keep bowling and taking wickets.

_Ed_

I was thinking of why Patel wasn't ahead of Bond in the batting order. Patel is not ussually last out in domestic cricket and Bond generally is quite close to it most of the time. Bond can't score that well.
Bond has scored a century for Canterbury.