• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Flem274*

123/5
Patel can be our opening batsman and opening bowler.

Seconded!
He would be so excited. Half the time when he hit the ball he looked like he was amazed at how well it came off.

"So this is batting...
Its not that hard."
Yeah he was loving every minute of it.

I'll never forget that break between overs where Macka, Taylor and Franklin were discussing tactics and from the way Jimmy was shaking his head you could tell he didnt think they could win. Then it looked like Macka was doing his typical "yes we can" thing. Then when Macka got out Jimmy looked all sad again but Patel! He just came out and played his shots and looked the complete batsman. That four he got where he whacked it over the fielders head was hilarious, the smile on Jeets face! Ponting pfft we got Patel.

his future record:

ODI

Bat: 60.00

Ball: 18.99

TEST

Bat: 100.00

Ball: 10.00

Yeah i know those predictions could come back to haunt me but what the heck, if Plunkett can not bowl a wide ball then that should be a piece of cake for Patel. :laugh:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah he was loving every minute of it.

I'll never forget that break between overs where Macka, Taylor and Franklin were discussing tactics and from the way Jimmy was shaking his head you could tell he didnt think they could win. Then it looked like Macka was doing his typical "yes we can" thing. Then when Macka got out Jimmy looked all sad again but Patel! He just came out and played his shots and looked the complete batsman. That four he got where he whacked it over the fielders head was hilarious, the smile on Jeets face! Ponting pfft we got Patel.

his future record:

ODI

Bat: 60.00

Ball: 18.99

TEST

Bat: 100.00

Ball: 10.00

Yeah i know those predictions could come back to haunt me but what the heck, if Plunkett can not bowl a wide ball then that should be a piece of cake for Patel. :laugh:
All sounds sensible to me! :)

Beleg

International Regular
Which suggests to me either there was a serious flaw in the old rules or in the "tests". I think it would be much better just to have a panel of humans deciding whether a player is chucking or not and do away with these rubbish "scientific" methods
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo said:
Stephen Fleming's average against Sri Lanka has dropped to miserable 18.68 from 33 innings. In his last five innings against them he has scored one run.
:-O

Flem274*

123/5
Im going to be realistic here.

Bat: 38.21

Bowl: 22.38

:laugh:
Doesn't he average (bowling) in the twenties in ODI's already?

Off memory thats better than Vettori and look who's off form. The future skipper might get a nasty shock for our next series when Patel bumps him out of the top team....

Athlai

Not Terrible
Doesn't he average (bowling) in the twenties in ODI's already?

Off memory thats better than Vettori and look who's off form. The future skipper might get a nasty shock for our next series when Patel bumps him out of the top team....
Keep both of them and use Patel to open the bowling. Something radical might be effective in this days game.

Matt79

Global Moderator
but how's he going to manage that, having displacing Brendan behind the stumps with his superior skills? ;)

Flem274*

123/5
but how's he going to manage that, having displacing Brendan behind the stumps with his superior skills? ;)
he'll bowl, sprint down the pitch to the stumps and when the batsman nicks it he'll pull off an absolute ripper. He will proceed to do this ten times a match, every match. Bond wont get a look in.:)