• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Which makes Murali even more culpable for having the gall to claim it when he probably knew video evidence would prove him to be cheating
Guzzah? Dyer played in an era when the fielders word was basically taken as gospel, thus there was the impetus on the fielder to be honest. Nowadays with the objective measures provided by modern television, that impetus has shifted to the umpires. If you wanna accuse Murali of cheating, you'd best stick to labelling him a chucker. At least you'll get the support of Martin Crowe in that regard.

Matt79

Global Moderator
FFS, Murali didn't do anything that the majority of players today would also do. And Fleming being unable to handle Malinga and nobody being able to handle Murali's bowling would have a fair bit more to do with the result than one decision regarding a catch...

Fiery

Banned
Guzzah? Dyer played in an era when the fielders word was basically taken as gospel, thus there was the impetus on the fielder to be honest. Nowadays with the objective measures provided by modern television, that impetus has shifted to the umpires. If you wanna accuse Murali of cheating, you'd best stick to labelling him a chucker. At least you'll get the support of Martin Crowe in that regard.
I'll stick to labelling him as both. Crowe and I are on the same page :) Can't wait till he leaves the game for good and hope Australia give them a good hiding in the final. (And that's saying a lot for me. :dry: )

Fiery

Banned
FFS, Murali didn't do anything that the majority of players today would also do. And Fleming being unable to handle Malinga and nobody being able to handle Murali's bowling would have a fair bit more to do with the result than one decision regarding a catch...
Sets a real good example for kids doesn't it? Oram's wicket started the rot/collapse

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'll stick to labelling him as both. Crowe and I are on the same page :) Can't wait till he leaves the game for good and hope Australia give them a good hiding in the final. (And that's saying a lot for me. :dry: )
Then all I can say is that you're a poor loser. Sri Lanka are the most exciting team to watch at this world cup, and not only that, they're a side similar to New Zealand. They're often overshadowed by their larger neighbours, but they make the best of the limited resources they have, and play as a team. I hope they win, and bring a bit of joy to a country that's been hammered by natural disasters and civil war over the last few years.

Well, I'm off to bed.

Flem274*

123/5
Somehow i get the feeling that we will never find out the definitive truth whether Murali is a chucker or not. In Chris Harris's and Adam Parore's books they both believe he was a chucker. However as the opposition they do have a bit of a biased opinion. Fleming wrote in his book that Vettori experimented with a doos-ra for a few years and concluded that it was impossible to bowl one legally and know where it might go. In saying that if he has been tested and passed then we should just accept that he is legitamite. It is true that the whole chucking thing is brought up mainly after a good performance but that is only natural because if we had smashed him today it would not have mattered if he was chucking or not. I am going to accept he is not chucking unless proven otherwise.

pup11

International Coach
TBH, Black Caps played some awful cricket yesterday and they deserved to lose yesterday.

Thats brings NZ's WC dream to an end and i won't be hesitant in calling them chokers too, because this ain't the first time they are losing a big game.

SL in a sense had a perfect game and they would be a hard side to beat in the finals.

Fiery

Banned
Then all I can say is that you're a poor loser. Sri Lanka are the most exciting team to watch at this world cup, and not only that, they're a side similar to New Zealand. They're often overshadowed by their larger neighbours, but they make the best of the limited resources they have, and play as a team. I hope they win, and bring a bit of joy to a country that's been hammered by natural disasters and civil war over the last few years.

Well, I'm off to bed.
I don't mind losing fairly...well I do, but I accept it as just not being good enough to win on the day. I appreciate SL have had their troubles and deserve success. It's a shame that one player's shameful act in this game, (alligned to the diabolical bowling action that the large majority of cricket followers of my age group and older have had to shake our heads at for the last 15 years or so), have shaped my opinion of them to the extent that I now want them to lose the final. Sad but true

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somehow i get the feeling that we will never find out the definitive truth whether Murali is a chucker or not. In Chris Harris's and Adam Parore's books they both believe he was a chucker. However as the opposition they do have a bit of a biased opinion. Fleming wrote in his book that Vettori experimented with a doos-ra for a few years and concluded that it was impossible to bowl one legally and know where it might go. In saying that if he has been tested and passed then we should just accept that he is legitamite. It is true that the whole chucking thing is brought up mainly after a good performance but that is only natural because if we had smashed him today it would not have mattered if he was chucking or not. I am going to accept he is not chucking unless proven otherwise.
That's the thing, we have found the definitive truth. He doesn't chuck it, as many tests have shown. End of story.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I don't mind losing fairly...well I do, but I accept it as just not being good enough to win on the day. I appreciate SL have had their troubles and deserve success. It's a shame that one player's shameful act in this game, (alligned to the diabolical bowling action that the large majority of cricket followers of my age group and older have had to shake our heads at for the last 15 years or so), have shaped my opinion of them to the extent that I now want them to lose the final. Sad but true
If that make you feel better, good luck to you I guess.

Flem274*

123/5
That's the thing, we have found the definitive truth. He doesn't chuck it, as many tests have shown. End of story.
Prehaps i should have phrased that better, what i tried to say was that nothing will ever convince some people fully (like Crowe and Fiery). Mud sticks, whether the accusation is true or not. There are some sad people out there as well that want to see him go down because they just dont like someone that is that good. Anyway i agree, he is not a chucker and unless someone can show me sufficient evidence to the contrary, i stand by my opinion.

pup11

International Coach
Murali chucks or not, the bottom line is he is the highest wicket atm in this WC and he would probably end up as the highest wicket-taker in both forms of the game.

So there isn't much to argue about on that topic, as for Murali cheating i mean if he had slightest doubt regarding the catch he should have told the umpires, so there he made a mistake IMO.

Fiery

Banned
... Even though scientific tests have shown that he doesn't throw it. So I guess global warming doesn't exist and the earth is flat?
After they changed the rules to accommodate him! I've never brought this "scientific test" poppycock. I trust my own eyes and my own eyes tell me he throws. I don't believe he stays within the "15 degree" limit very often anyway.

Flem274*

123/5
After they changed the rules to accommodate him! I've never brought this "scientific test" poppycock. I trust my own eyes and my own eyes tell me he throws. I don't believe he stays within the "15 degree" limit very often anyway.
Why change the rules for one player? If thats the truth then thats not right.......