• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And SJS said Dhoni's captaincy is gonna be the best thing for Indian cricket or something.
...and what has that got to do with Australia son ?

I am not even going to attempt to explain to you what i meant about Dhoni's captaincy because its obvious that you are in too much of a rage to understand.

Look here kiddo, just because your team lost is no reason for others to mourn with you.

If you had any grace you would have said, okay guys great game, well played, but we shall meetagain and good night.

But no. You have to show that you are one of those who just cant take defeat.

sideshowtim

Banned
...and what has that got to do with Australia son ?

I am not even going to attempt to explain to you what i meant about Dhoni's captaincy because its obvious that you are in too much of a rage to understand.

Look here kiddo, just because your team lost is no reason for others to mourn with you.

If you had any grace you would have said, okay guys great game, well played, but we shall meetagain and good night.

But no. You have to show that you are one of those who just cant take defeat.
Er...I already said I don't care that we lost. I just care about the false delusions of grandeur that some Indians are placing on their team. They're kind of ridiculous.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Sideshowtim:

Look mate...stop sucking on them sour grapes!!! The better team won today...but just because the aussies are not successful at this format does not mean u start thrashing 2020...its plain wrong...it would be nicer if u could compliment india on a good performance today!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Er, did you watch the match? Did you see the Symonds run out? How was that good running? They missed plenty of 2s that were available too. And there were plenty of fumbles by India in the field.

Just because you won doesn't mean your fielding and running between the wickets has improved.
One run out does not make a team bad at running. A marked improvement in fielding since the England in four matches since then does make an improvement in fielding visable, same with running between the wickets.

sideshowtim

Banned
Sideshowtim:

Look mate...stop sucking on them sour grapes!!! The better team won today...but just because the aussies are not successful at this format does not mean u start thrashing 2020...its plain wrong...it would be nicer if u could compliment india on a good performance today!
I've already said a few times India were the better team tonight.

sideshowtim

Banned
One run out does not make a team bad at running. A marked improvement in fielding since the England in four matches since then does make an improvement in fielding visable, same with running between the wickets.
Yes, but running singles when 2s were widely available is poor running.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, you did. Well done. I know this "winning" sensation is a strange and new feeling for you Indian supporters, I hope you're enjoying it.
Sure we are. We dont win too much. So we are thrilled silly. Its natural and if you are so smart and understand it then why not let us enjoy our party.

:wine:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Of course you can. My problem is people building up the Indian team to be better than they actually are based upon this win.
we are just saying that the team is improving and looks good...surely u can agree with that! After the england series, we looked pathetic as an ODI outfit...suddenly, things seem to be improving...we are not saying its all perfect...but getting to the final of a 2020 tournament is great for the morale of the team and the fans. We havent played this format ever and now we are in the final....that is a great achievement!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Of course you can. My problem is people building up the Indian team to be better than they actually are based upon this win.
NO.

Want to know what your problem is.

You are a lousy loser.

Learn to be graceful in defeat from fantastic Australians like Gilchrist, Lee and many others.

TheGreatAusie

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Deal with your problem alone or with people who have a similar problem.

Anyway, great game! Final on a Monday majorly sucks though :@

sideshowtim

Banned
we are just saying that the team is improving and looks good...surely u can agree with that! After the england series, we looked pathetic as an ODI outfit...suddenly, things seem to be improving...we are not saying its all perfect...but getting to the final of a 2020 tournament is great for the morale of the team and the fans. We havent played this format ever and now we are in the final....that is a great achievement!!
That's the thing...I really don't understand how you can say you're improving based upon a Twenty20 series. You have a couple of guys who can hit the ball further than some other teams? Your fielding and running between the wickets has been no better than I've ever seen it to be honest. Just because you're winning matches doesn't mean you're improving.

Well done on the win, you deserve it, enjoy it, but I just don't think you're improving as much as some Indian fans think they are.