• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 9 Squad Compilation

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Some of the experienced players last season:

FC
Fitzsimmons - almost 2500 runs with 7 hundreds - 50+ average.
Camps - almost 1000 runs with 2 hundreds - mid30s average.
Cloete - almost 1000 runs with 1 hundred - mid30s average.
Moerk - over 1500 runs with 3 hundreds - 40+ average.
Robbins - over 600 runs - mid30s average.
Watt - 64 wickets with 4 5w and 1 10w.
Kennett - 90 wickets with 2 5w.
Wright - 85 wickets with 3 5w and 1 10w.
Collins - 69 wickets.
Verghese - over 700 runs - mid30s average.
Hoy - 92 wickets with 2 5w.
Butler - almost 1000 runs with 1 hundred - mid30s average.
Kearsley - almost 1500 runs with 1 hundred - mid30s average.
Bhatia - 114 wickets with 7 5w and 1 10w.
Richards - 61 wickets with 1 5w.
Pickup - 64 wickets with 1 5w.
Mr Mxypigdog said:
The way I see it, there were a few experienced players who had a very good season. A couple of those had a brilliant season. There were a bunch of experienced players who had mediocre and a couple of rookies who had a very good season. Then there were a bunch of rookies that had a mediocre season. The fact that the other players who don't fall into these groups had either a poor or very mediocre season doesn't qualify the rookie accomplishments as very good.
Great. I'm mediocre! :cry:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Liam, can you let me know how many OD's each team will be playing during the OD competition? Don't worry about pre-season, this is for the stats info.

Anyone who thinks that the experienced players didn't power through need only look to Mr. Goff and Mr. Malone. While Loc may have amassed his 941 runs at 52.28 and Dauth reached 1008 runs at 45.82... they were both just lucky to get so high in the top runs scorer list. Goff and Malone, despite playing 16 games each (compared to Dauth's 24 and Loc's 21 games), almost managed to out-score their newer counterparts. One could say that the rookies were good, yes, but the experienced players were better. Chaulk actually outscored both Goff and Malone, now that I check again.

Nothing worth fussing too much over as far as I'm concerned, though.

Looking forward to the rookie real stats, though, as it's kind of difficult to do a trade without knowing the adjusted stats for our players!

EDIT: Oh, and Liam, can you send me (along with the simming stats) the list that says who is right hand/left hand bat, and what kind of bowling they do, and whether they're classed as an all rounder and so on. Again, it's for the OD stats spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Liam, can you let me know how many OD's each team will be playing during the OD competition? Don't worry about pre-season, this is for the stats info.

Anyone who thinks that the experienced players didn't power through need only look to Mr. Goff and Mr. Malone. While Loc may have amassed his 941 runs at 52.28 and Dauth reached 1008 runs at 45.82... they were both just lucky to get so high in the top runs scorer list. Goff and Malone, despite playing 16 games each (compared to Dauth's 24 and Loc's 21 games), almost managed to out-score their newer counterparts. One could say that the rookies were good, yes, but the experienced players were better.

Looking forward to the rookie real stats, though, as it's kind of difficult to do a trade without knowing the adjusted stats for our players!

EDIT: Oh, and Liam, can you send me (along with the simming stats) the list that says who is right hand/left hand bat, and what kind of bowling they do, and whether they're classed as an all rounder and so on. Again, it's for the OD stats spreadsheet.
That's still no excuse for not getting a new sign-up system in place.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The officials have a lot to do. Time runs short. :p

There are 16 OD matches per team in the regular season and then one OD final.

Loony BoB

International Captain
With a significant decrease in the amount of games individuals will have the opportunity to play, I once again point out that the length of injuries using the current injury sim is a bit much.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
no player will be allowed a season-long injury.
:lol: :laugh: :lol:

...I don't care if you're leg is broken in 3 places!!!! You've already missed six games, so you're going to go out there and you're going to take me 5 wickets!!!! You got that?!?!?!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
:lol: :laugh: :lol:

...I don't care if you're leg is broken in 3 places!!!! You've already missed six games, so you're going to go out there and you're going to take me 5 wickets!!!! You got that?!?!?!
:laugh:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:

Anyone who thinks that the experienced players didn't power through need only look to Mr. Goff and Mr. Malone. While Loc may have amassed his 941 runs at 52.28 and Dauth reached 1008 runs at 45.82... they were both just lucky to get so high in the top runs scorer list. Goff and Malone, despite playing 16 games each (compared to Dauth's 24 and Loc's 21 games), almost managed to out-score their newer counterparts. One could say that the rookies were good, yes, but the experienced players were better. Chaulk actually outscored both Goff and Malone, now that I check again.

I actually mentioned Ash and Blewy in my other post. Don't forget Ian (Markus) :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Disappointed Red won't be playing Bangladesh :(

By the way, Hak, I was joking :D And the reason why I'm looking forward to it, is because they're completely untried and could be an absolute surprise packet.. They've got some old hands, but it will be interesting to see their rookies..
Old hands?...Be nice. :@