• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 Discussion, News, Results

cbuts

International Debutant
absolutley gutted to get out for 97. great day with the bat - as i said yesterday, im dissapointed at not geting a bolw so i guess i have to do my job with the bat ha.

where u have a first initail, such as the partnerships - is it poss to change my my first initail to a . c buts is another nickname

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**DIV 1**

Cricket Web 'A' 210 & 242
New Zealand 'A' 302 & 151/3

New Zealand 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: PG Fulton

Coach's Comments:
A disappointing showing, but given the lack of half the team (who are supposedly in New Zealand), it wasn't too bad. Good bowling from Imran Khan Jr. and Rik in particular and a good Chanderpaulesque innings by Age Master in the second innings.

---

**DIV 2**

Kenya 301 & 188
Zimbabwe 'A' 321 & 171/4

Zimbabwe 'A' won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: GJ Rennie

Interesting battle between the African teams...

Attachments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
61 off 241 balls, including 11 boundaries, so thats 44 off 11 balls and 17 off 230 balls i certainly hope this is the record for the slowest 50 otherwise i will get depressed for wasting so much freaking time

Mr Mxyzptlk

8th February

**DIV 1**

INDIA A 218 47.3 overs
CRICKET WEB 'B' 219/7 46.0 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Pratyush Agarwal

Coach's Comments:
The early bowling was horrible, with some shocking stuff from Yaju in particular. The spinners pulled it back though and Pratyush finished with some crucial figures. Nichani then steadied the innings with a crucial half-century after Sam Vimes played a lovely innings early. Good win.

---

VETERANS XI 255 47.4 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 214/6 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 41 runs

Man of the match: Mark Waugh

Coach's Comments:
Just outclassed by Mr. Waugh. The bowling was decent, with Chris Hinton outstanding, but Mr Mxyzptlk and Imran Khan Jr. were rather shocking and were dealt with. The batting never really fired, and Mr Mxyzptlk took far too long at the crease for far too little. Pleasant efforts by Lord, Rik and Imran Khan Jr.

-----------------------
-----------------------

**DIV 2**

ENGLAND 'A' 242/5 50.0 overs
BANGLADESH 162 43.3 overs

England 'A' won by 80 runs

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton

---

KENYA 163 44.1 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 164/7 38.5 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Michael Mason

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
2nd in 5D and OD div. 2 in a row now, apologise for my poor bowling, will hope to strike back next game, come on guys! Let's whoop our next team!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Another solid effort from the fat fella

Once again I'm happy to play my part out there for the B team. Taking the two key wickets in Jaffer and Bharadwaj after they got off to a flyer was important. Bowling in tandom with my other spinners was also fun. My batting whilst not being overly impressive with 21 saw us look comfortable. Cograts to the rest of the boys, let's keep this up.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW 'A' which played SA 'A'
Craig
Gibbs N Smith
Rik
Age Master
Mr Mxyzptlk
Lord of Darkness (vc)
Imran Khan Jr. (c)
R_Powell_fan
Ryan +
Umpire Money
Chris Hinton
When did Ryan get promoted to the A squad? The selection panel has not, to my knowledge, been informed of this change.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
When did Ryan get promoted to the A squad? The selection panel has not, to my knowledge, been informed of this change.
He was defaulted to the 'A' squad as he was in the team as a backup should either team need his services.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
disappointing to see that loss against veterans

hey liam is that our first loss in a while or did we loose one last season

just wondering, lets pick it up guys and get back ontop of that table.

Mr Mxyzptlk

**DIV 1**

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 309 49.4 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 312/5 50.0 overs

Australia 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Mike Hussey

Shocking bowling on both sides!

---

**DIV 2**

MINNOWS XI 179/8 50.0 overs
WEST INDIES 'A' 172/7 50.0 overs

Minnows XI won by 7 runs

Man of the match: A Butt

Oh the shame!

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**BREAKING NEWS**

Samuel Vimes will miss 2 games for the Cricket Web 'B' team due to sustaining an infected toe.

There is no other immediate wicketkeeping in the CW system, so I would really appreciate a volunteer ASAP.

No comment as yet from Mr. Vimes.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Re: **BREAKING NEWS**

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Samuel Vimes will miss 2 games for the Cricket Web 'B' team due to sustaining an infected toe.

There is no other immediate wicketkeeping in the CW system, so I would really appreciate a volunteer ASAP.

No comment as yet from Mr. Vimes.
I shot myself in the toe with a harpoon and didn't bother much about it at the time. It then quickly developed into an infection, and I'm currently getting treatment for it. Hope to be back with the guys soon, and also hope for a swift return to full form with the bat.