• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saqlain for England?

Who would you select as the spinner in England's Test team?

• Total voters

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Robert Croft is too old, he's 37 or something.

Anyway, Adil Rashid should be playing for England soon, maybe even Mike Munday (this is for a few years down the track

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you really can't see any difference between Country and domestic boundaries then there's not much else to say, if he really does believe that I hope you'll be very happy together.:)
Of course there's a difference. In fact, there's many differences.

Some, however, would like to construct differences which in fact are not there. All a country is, essentially, is a county scaled-up. There is a border, where one becomes another; there are various authorities which govern this and that in the place, which stops at the border. Cricket fits within this.

To some, changing allegiance between countries is some sort of mortal sin, whereas moving over domestic borders (whatever these territories be) is completely normal.

This, to me, is nothing short of a ridiculous standpoint.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Robert Croft is too old, he's 37 or something.
Eh? So? Where did anyone suggest he receive a ODI recall? :mellow: I think he's only been mentioned once in this thread, by me, to say he was the last person - in 1998\99 - to be a regular member of and quality-performing spin-bowler for England's side in ODIs.
Anyway, Adil Rashid should be playing for England soon
Not in ODIs he shouldn't.
maybe even Mike Munday (this is for a few years down the track
Just... no...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Its fine, but I don't think anyone can deny that Rashid won't play Tests for England, and knowing their selectors, ODI's as well

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I'll be more surprised than not if he doesn't, but I'm still yet to get my hopes up terribly high as to whether he'll be a success or not.

And I reckon his chances of being a Test success anytime are very possibly going to be impinged upon by playing ODIs anytime soon.

stumpski

International Captain
I think they'll want to see how Saqi goes in the now star-studded Surrey attack first. If he's doing well he may come in for the ODIs mid-season. Bit hard on Swann if he does though.

And I'd give Rashid another couple of years I think.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
In a few years time Mike Munday will be taking regular wickets for England, I reckon :D

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, Adil Rashid should be playing for England soon, maybe even Mike Munday (this is for a few years down the track
Well, if ICC3 is any indication, Adil Rashis will be a gun for England soon because he's been one for me. FC average below 20 and England average around 22.

:D

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Of course there's a difference. In fact, there's many differences.

Some, however, would like to construct differences which in fact are not there. All a country is, essentially, is a county scaled-up. There is a border, where one becomes another; there are various authorities which govern this and that in the place, which stops at the border. Cricket fits within this.

To some, changing allegiance between countries is some sort of mortal sin, whereas moving over domestic borders (whatever these territories be) is completely normal.

This, to me, is nothing short of a ridiculous standpoint.

Unfortunately you continue to corner the market where ridiculous standpoints are concerned as proved by that post.:)
Just do the World one small favour...........don't have any children.:scared:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Its fine, but I don't think anyone can deny that Rashid won't play Tests for England, and knowing their selectors, ODI's as well
Will he be a success though? Seems at the moment that he is going to achieve more (if selected) with the willow rather than the leather.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Will he be a success though? Seems at the moment that he is going to achieve more (if selected) with the willow rather than the leather.
He's always been more batsman than bowler. It was just after that 7-wicket haul on his first-team debut, people inevitably got excited about an Englishman who could bowl wristspin to some vaguely respectable standard.