• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin reacts to the presentation

Dravid

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
This is the biggest storm in a teacup I've seen in a fair while in cricket. The idea that anyone is actually offended by that is absurd.
Who is offended on here?

Dravid

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Nobody as far as I'm aware, I'm just commenting generally. Obviously somebody was upset by it, based on the media reaction and so on.
Oh, don't worry about that. Indian media are good at making a big deal out of nothing. They are always upset about every little thing that happens, I just started this thread cause I found it interesting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Nobody as far as I'm aware, I'm just commenting generally. Obviously somebody was upset by it, based on the media reaction and so on.
With the media, it is not so much 'upset' as 'here's another story for us to make money (and fools) out of the people'.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, biggest non-event. "We got knocked out in the early stages of a major tournament again... SHIFT FOCUS!"

howardj

International Coach
There's an element of truth to what Ponting said at the Airport today. That whenever Australia win, they're accused of being too aggressive / abrasive; and when they lose they're accused of being too friendly. It's almost right on cue, anytime we win something. Just like it's been all over the papers (about us being too friendly) when we finally lost something (the Ashes). Granted, some of the criticism the team cops is deserved. Other times it seems automatic, contrived and petty.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nnanden said:
Haha, biggest non-event. "We got knocked out in the early stages of a major tournament again... SHIFT FOCUS!"
Why would the Indian media shift the focus? I dare say they prefer it when India lose. Sells more stories.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fair enough. I reckon bagging the world`s best team is a winner over that though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, Chappell hating and blaming would definitely sell better.

But really, this was just another way to blow something out of proportion. After watching the footage its hilarious really.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
R_D said:
He was asked by the journalists and of course he responded how he felt about it. Pawar is the presdent of BCCI afterall.

I saw the video on you tube and well Pawar did look like an idiot standing there but aussie players could've shown bit of respect for the president of BCCI.. the board thats hosting the ICC Champs trophy by askign to move rather than shoving him out of the way. But no suprise there really when have aussis players ever shown any respect to anyone.
:laugh: :laugh:

Now, I didn't expect YOU to say THAT!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
R_D said:
He was asked by the journalists and of course he responded how he felt about it. Pawar is the presdent of BCCI afterall.

I saw the video on you tube and well Pawar did look like an idiot standing there but aussie players could've shown bit of respect for the president of BCCI.. the board thats hosting the ICC Champs trophy by askign to move rather than shoving him out of the way. But no suprise there really when have aussis players ever shown any respect to anyone.
Ditto.

It was a bit funny actually, but definitely rude.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
It was very rude. Ponting beckoning to Pawar to hand over the trophy like he was a naughty schoolchild was the worst of it. Sometimes you wonder about the way these Australians are raised. Their general on-field behaviour is pretty poor as it is, but to treat the president of the host cricket board like this is really uncalled for. More embarrassment for Cricket Australia.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cricket Australia:

Cricket Australia said on Tuesday it would investigate reports of rude behaviour by the Australian team after their Champions Trophy win in India. Australia were taken to task in Indian newspapers for pushing Sharad Pawar, the BCCI chief, off the presentation dais after they beat West Indies in Sunday's final at the Brabourne Stadium.

The Australians arrived home on Tuesday to prepare for this month's home Ashes series with England that kicks off at Brisbane from November 23.

Cricket Australia (CA) spokesman Peter Young said the organisation would investigate the claims this week. "The players have only just arrived back in Australia and over the course of the next few days, we will just be finding out what, if anything, did or did not happen," he said.

Young said the players had talked about the importance of respect for players and officials at the pre-Ashes boot camp in August.

Damien Martyn and Ricky Ponting, both at the forefront of the controversy, could not be reached for comment late Tuesday.
On a sidenote, what happened to my name?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was about to ask, what was yours?

Then I realised, that would be silly, it's inappropriate, so you can't tell me.

Now I'll never know

:@

Dravid

International Captain
Navjot Singh just told his opinion to India TV news, and well....he was pretty upset, and angered at the Australians.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Dravid said:
Navjot Singh just told his opinion to India TV news, and well....he was pretty upset, and angered at the Australians.
Navjot Sidhu would get upset if somebody frayed the Indian flag.