• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA20 2024

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
De Kock most of the time gives that feel he doesn't care much for cricket. Maybe Im harsh but it isn't a certainty SA pick him in the T20 WC.
I think he has that low level competitiveness we all have, and is an awesomely talented cricketer. But ultimately I just don't think he loves cricket, can take or leave it so treats it like any job. Maximise your profit for minimum of work. No interest beyond that.

SeamUp

International Coach
Anyone see that stat? Obviously no Nortje & Coetzee throughout the tournament.

But most 140kph+ balls

Nandre Burger 130ish
Lizaad Williams 88
Daryn Dupavillon 81
Kagiso Rabada 54
Hardus Viljoen 38

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Where did nandre burger even come from? Impression I got was that he was a half baked domestic hack, but he wrecked india and now he's hitting 140+ and swinging the new ball consistently from a left arm angle.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Anyone see that stat? Obviously no Nortje & Coetzee throughout the tournament.

But most 140kph+ balls

Nandre Burger 130ish
Lizaad Williams 88
Daryn Dupavillon 81
Kagiso Rabada 54
Hardus Viljoen 38
Missed a trick by not selecting Viljoen for the NZ tour

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
He wasn't available as he had a deal to replace nortje at capitals.
Yeah but he joined the Capitals on the 9th of January, after the test squad was announced at the end of December , unless Conrad knew he was going to the Capitals nearly two weeks before he moved.

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah but he joined the Capitals on the 9th of January, after the test squad was announced at the end of December , unless Conrad knew he was going to the Capitals nearly two weeks before he moved.
Same thing happened with de Zorzi as well. Klaasen is a cheat code at the moment. Went to two games at Kingsmead and to watch his hitting in person is really something to behold. Just smokes it! Mulder has also come into his own. I know we would all love him to take that into international cricket as well! I should probably ask this in the SA team selection thread but I think de Swart has a lot to play for in that second NZ Test!

Stefan9

International Debutant
He was officially announced 9 Jan. What likely happened is he wasn't confirmed till nortje was 100% out of the tournament but they had already lined hardus up in case.

SeamUp

International Coach
Deserved 2 teams in the final and the perfect thing is the talent concentration with only 6 teams.

Most runs (SR)

Rickelton 530 (174)
Klaasen 447 (209)
Buttler 408 (144)
Breetzke 398 (142)
Du Plooy 377 (159)

Vd Dussen 328 (148)
Smuts 297 (138)
Mulder 259 (155)
Verreynne 256 (163)
Hermann 253 (112)

Stubbs 245 (164)