• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA t20 tournament

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This Evan Jones guy is exciting 9 wickets in 3 games with his medium pace and seems to be able to bat based on FC record. May be just the guy SA need in t20I.

Marius

International Debutant
Some good talent on display in this tournament. If SA can just get its selection right we can challenge any of the big T20I sides, including the Poms.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Some good talent on display in this tournament. If SA can just get its selection right we can challenge any of the big T20I sides, including the Poms.
Yeah... talent is not a problem in SA. Its selection and administration. I do think we really need to see a solid framework of support (not just on skills) on all levels of cricket. I think if we can get player support as a top priority it may totally change everything, possibly very quickly.

Stefan9

International Debutant
JSK batting faf aside again just awful. 70/2 after the pp and gets bowled out for 120...
Like for these Stephen Fleming and Super kings tend to be very patient.

FBU

International Debutant
Mate he's smashed 66(27) against an attack of rabada-curran-Rashid-Archer. The weak link in that attack is the guy who just got MOTS in the t20 WC. This may be the best t20 knock of all time, genuinly.
Sam Curran, most expensive player picked in the IPL. 3 wickets at 45.00 econ 9.31, hardly any runs. Must have worn himself out in Australia.
Jansen now leading 6 hitter with 11 so far.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Sunrisers have kept Erwee who's made 70 runs in 4 digs @17 and a sr of 120, but dropped smuts who bowls, and also 106 runs in 4 digs at @26.5 and a sr of 125. Both of them are competing for the same position in the team so I don't see why smuts was dropped unless he's injured.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
On the other hand, Hermann and bosch are both getting games, and jones has been given some more responsibility with the bat and been promoted to 6. Hope they all do well and jansen continues to make runs, all exciting young prospects for SA.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, reckon sunrisers should rejig the order a bit and move jansen to 5 and cox to 7. Small sample size but jansen hasn't been dismissed by spin in the past 2 years in t20 over an 80 run sample while striking at 170 while he's averaged 13 @130 vs pace and been dismissed 10 times, Jansen's even worse in the death vs pace, averages 10 and strikes at 125 vs it with 9 dismissals. Clearly he's alot better against spin than pace and struggles to hit pace at the death, don't know if that's an ideal number 7, he's gonna see a ton more balls vs spin at 5.

Cox on the other hand averages 26 @140 vs pace overall and 50 @ 130 vs spin. In the last 4 overs he still averages 26 vs pace still but strikes at 190. In the first 16 overs he averages 26 and goes at 125 vs pace. He's made his most runs in t20 in the past 2 years at 6 and 3rd most at 5. Clearly he likes to get his eye in at 125-130 then go berserk vs pace at the back end. This is good, but if he's at 7 then he can maximize the number of balls vs pace he faces, and jansen can maximize the spin he faces and keep the scoring vs spin in the first 16 aswell. Also means that jansen is being better utilized, since he's crap vs pace at the death.