• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ryder playing for Ireland!?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Of course not.

Can I get a Irish passport (although I think my surname has links with Wales as well) then since my ancestors came from there about a 150-200 years ago then?
Find some Irish bird to hit and you'll be alright

Craig

World Traveller
Sometimes I consider myself a magnate for British people, that many I know or have met over the years, shouldn't be too hard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You've probably not been around quite long enough to realise the full power of the :naughty: smiley.

It's well explained in:
Naughty: Impact and effect on today's society. Hiemstra, R., & Brier, E. M. (1994).
Melbourne, FL: Krieger Publishing Company. 152pp., ISBN 0-89464-660-5
which you might want to borrow from the local library sometime.

(It might be a tad tricky to find, though)

Fiery

Banned
Naughty: Impact and effect on today's society. Hiemstra, R., & Brier, E. M. (1994).

Haven't you returned it yet?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm still only halfway through the chapter on Andrew Cameron, TBH - and that one goes on a lllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time.

Flem274*

123/5
You've probably not been around quite long enough to realise the full power of the :naughty: smiley.

It's well explained in:

I'm sure it's buried in the Puke Ariki archives somewhere.:laugh:

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anyones thoughts on the twenty20 WC team for NZ?
My team:
1. Vincent
2. Mccullum (wk)
3. Ryder? (lets see what happens...)
4. Taylor
5. Fulton
6. Styris
7. Oram (c) i believe oram should be captaining nz now in ODIs so this could be good practice for him
8. Vettori (maybe Patel...)
9. Adams
10. Mills
11. Bond

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyones thoughts on the twenty20 WC team for NZ?
My team:
1. Vincent
2. Mccullum (wk)
3. Ryder? (lets see what happens...)
4. Taylor
5. Fulton
6. Styris
7. Oram (c) i believe oram should be captaining nz now in ODIs so this could be good practice for him
8. Vettori (maybe Patel...)
9. Adams
10. Mills
11. Bond
Both spinners have done quite well at 20/20

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Back on topic. I think Ryder will be the biggest waste of talent since McMillan. Hopefully I'm wrong but......

I cant see him playing for Ireland changing his attitude or making him lose some weight

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Back on topic. I think Ryder will be the biggest waste of talent since McMillan. Hopefully I'm wrong but......

I cant see him playing for Ireland changing his attitude or making him lose some weight
I don't. Ryder has made a much better start in his first class cricket career and hes got alot of cricket ahead of him. I think a little too much has been made of his attitude. Has anyone actually met him? Can anyone tell me what he has done to deserve this 'attitude' tag?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I don't. Ryder has made a much better start in his first class cricket career and hes got alot of cricket ahead of him. I think a little too much has been made of his attitude. Has anyone actually met him? Can anyone tell me what he has done to deserve this 'attitude' tag?
My mate has played against both Ryder and Taylor. He says that Ryder is a complete dick, bad attitude, too much booze. While he does have the talent, at the rate he is going he wont amount to much. But he is still young, so hopefully someone can get stuck into him and bring him around.