• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Draft II

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the popularity of the second version of several of the drafts in the Cricket Chat forum, would we be interested in a second rugby union draft? Perhaps make it a more modern draft, 1987 (so from the inaugural World Cup) and onwards?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless someone signs up tonight, I'll do the draw tomorrow and we'll go from there. One more would be ideal to have an even ten for the draft but I suppose nine would leave a few better players for the remaining sides.

ripper868

International Coach
I move a motion that drafting be suspended on weekends (or more that people don't lose their spot if they are up on a weekend)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I move a motion that drafting be suspended on weekends (or more that people don't lose their spot if they are up on a weekend)
If you can't make it on weekends and you think your turn will come about then, I'm sure you could email one of us your selections and we could input them for you.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The draft order, done using random.org/lists so vent your frustration at that site, not me thank you. :happy:

1. Ripper868
2. 99*
3. Voltman
4. S.P.Fleming
5. BoyBrumby
6. Samuel_Vimes
7. Matteh
8. Somerset
9. Michaelf7777777
10. Pup Clarke

We'll run a snake draft going 1-10 then 10-1 and so on. Remember only players that featured in a test match from 1987 or later applicable.

ripper868

International Coach
Well, an easy and predictable first pick for me:
5. John Eales and captain.

Team so far
5. John Eales (AUS) (c)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I've no problem if you want to be added as number eleven in the draft so long as thats ok with the other drafters.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Only if he doesn't **** on about how awesome someone's team is halfway through the draft and questioning why we are still bothering doing the draft.