• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reasons for asterisk

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I said last night, under the minor influence of grape and what not, that I couldn’t even find an asterisk for this series.

Obviously cooler heads soon prevailed and I found one, I’ve now started to find some more and therefore no doubt there is a long list. So please provide them here for posterity and the record will hold asterisks against yet another Australia home ‘win’

*Cheating home umpires
*Failure to allow away supporters - blatant cheating
*Uncertainty around the schedule prior to the series - unprofessional
*Poor climate in the lead up prevented England from adequately warming up

This is just the tip of the iceberg I’m sure

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I said last night, under the minor influence of grape and what not, that I couldn’t even find an asterisk for this series.

Obviously cooler heads soon prevailed and I found one, I’ve now started to find some more and therefore no doubt there is a long list. So please provide them here for posterity and the record will hold asterisks against yet another Australia home ‘win’

*Cheating home umpires
*Failure to allow away supporters - blatant cheating
*Uncertainty around the schedule prior to the series - unprofessional
*Poor climate in the lead up prevented England from adequately warming up

This is just the tip of the iceberg I’m sure
Agreed. You should add:

*Blatant, unprovoked attack on Root's balls

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't quite proved it yet but have no doubt that virus was introduced to the England camp by Australian sympathisers.

Enough evidence in this thread already to strike this series from the record along with the others.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
* England's third highest scorer, X.Tras, appears to be sabotaging the team environment from the inside and is, in all likelihood, an Australian mole. He's never been sighted at team meetings, in the nets, or even at the ground, yet turns up on their list of best batsmen. Something's fishy.