• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re ***** supporting both India and Bangladesh

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was before I realised that CW wasn't like that ****hole PC tho. People here actually cared about cricket, I could not get away with being the smartest kid in the room just because I was the only one who could read.

So I held off on the troll schtick till I felt I could intelligently defend myself in a cricket conversation and was armed with sufficient enough information to make informed opinions.

I got about 20% in on the way on that and decided to be a troll again. ****ing sue me.
Then stop posting those 5 paragraph posts on umpiring/finger spin which are 80% hot air then.

OverratedSanity

I was better back when I was an innocent newbie who wanted to post seriously about cricket but got bullied mercilessly by random unknowns of being a Precam multi. Pews was one of the few who was nice to me and gave me a brief rundown of Precam's history not knowing who I actually was

WAG

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@OS: Was just thinking about this today when i was browsing a thread and saw Precam post there. Precam, Sir Alex and so many other multis. Legend.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
He might hanker for the days of the Raj, when India, Pakistan and Bangladesh were one unified cricket team?

TheJediBrah

Whenever a new fan comes on the board, they act like such an expert. I still find some of the stuff overratedsanity says noobish but he has improved so much over the years. Actually appreciate how he follows so much cricket..
Yes OS is really coming along well. Almost an acceptable poster I'd say, and a good kid.

Burgey

Careful OS, ***** will go full minnow-level umpire and Powerpoint operator on you.

S.Kennedy

Not really. However, the separation of the Punjab during partition does break my heart.
Maybe that is. He wants the unification of the raj lands, India, Pakistan and East Pakistan aka Bangladesh (which splintered in the '70s). This was essentially the Indian test team pre-war.

Won't rest until Iqbal, Kohli and Azhar Ali are playing for an united India.

vcs

India-Pak combined Test team right now will be fun:

Azhar Ali
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Shafiq (or Rahane, both pretty dire ATM)
Rahul
Sarfraz
Ashwin
Hasan
Shami
Abbas

Can bring in Shah or Jadeja over one of the quicks in Asia. Batting still looks pretty fragile and average TBH.

vcs

Actually, I forgot Bangladesh (easily done TBF), the mooted topic was combined India-Pak-Bangladesh team.

So stick in Shakib for Shafiq and we're done

S.Kennedy

It was a historical reality before the war. AH Kardar, Gul Mohammad and Amir Elahi all played for India before partition.

Cannot speak for Bangladesh as they were not a test nation 'till years' later (so I could imagine any players located there doing an Eoin Morgan and buggering off to Pakistan).

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
So I held off on the troll schtick till I felt I could intelligently defend myself in a cricket conversation and was armed with sufficient enough information to make informed opinions.

I got about 20% in on the way on that and decided to be a troll again. ****ing sue me.

:ph34r:
20% is generous. Very generous.

trundler

Not really. However, the separation of the Punjab during partition does break my heart.
Yeah, that is very depressing. The lively and tolerant Punjab of yesteryear is no more on this side of the border. Was such a huge **** up.

trundler

India-Pak combined Test team right now will be fun:

Azhar Ali
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Shafiq (or Rahane, both pretty dire ATM)
Rahul
Sarfraz
Ashwin
Hasan
Shami
Abbas

Can bring in Shah or Jadeja over one of the quicks in Asia. Batting still looks pretty fragile and average TBH.
That is one truly awful batting lineup for a combined team.

Flem274*

123/5
is this some sort of test to see if we can make a thread about ***** with more replies than he gives likes?

you're talking about a bloke who regularly posts walls of text that would give big donald an erection and probably ***** a cash offer for his building expertise. of course someone so crushingly earnest and boring would support every team except under extremely specific circumstances nobody cares about.

hear that *****? no one cares mark chapman tried to play for a real cricket team.